Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1968 Corvette 427/400 HP M21 Convertible With Rare C60 A/C !!!

jayscorvette

Corvette
1968 Lemans Blue/Medium Blue Vinyl L68 427/400 White Convert With Extremely Rare C60 A/C Project
Are there any Knowledgeable, Historic ‘68 Corvette 427/400 Experts Out There In The Forum ? It Took Me Over 3 Years To Find This C60 Lifelong Dry Arizona Native With Its BUILD SHEET !!! A VERY STRONG RUNNING RARE UNIT BUILD !!!!! ( Only 1,932 Total Convertibles & T-Top Units Equipped With The Optional L68 427/400 HPs Were Built ) !!!! ( This Low Production Amount Of L68 Units Manufactured, Equates To Only 6.76 % Of The 28,566 Total Vettes Built In ‘ The ‘ 68 Model Year !!! ) My Convertible Shark Restoration Has : THE VERY RARE C60 AIR CONDITIOING OPTION !!!!! I Have Seen Very Few L68s Listed Through The Years On 100s Of Dealer/Private Web Sites/Classified, HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS Etc. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL OF THE FEW C60 CONVERTIBLES OVER THE YEARS, MOST AUTOMATIC TRANS ; FURTHERMORE I HAVE PROBABLY SEEN CLOSE TO ( 50 ) T- TOP COUPES WITH THE C60 WERE EQUIPPED WITH THE TURBO 400 ; VERY FEW 4 SPEEDS....MY SHARK HAS THE M21 & OPTIONAL 3:08 DIFF, PS, PB, BUILD SHEET !!!!! MY VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION IS HOW MANY ‘68 CONVERTIBLES WERE BUILT WITH THE RARE C60 A/C OPTION ??? My Resources Are Exhausted 😴!!!!! I Have No Idea At All Whatsoever ; Or Who I Can Obtain Or Direct Me To A Site That Would Contain This Extremely Important Production Information In Black & White !!! If Someone Knows The Correct Documented Number Of C60 Convertibles , ( Number Of Each Type Body Built With The C60 ; Or Any Other Important Info Please, Please Don’t Hesitate To EMAIL ME OR CALL #478-217-1709 Anytime Day Or Night !!! ....J427tripower@gmail.com. THANKS FOR LOOKING & CHECKING INTO MY VERY VERY IMPORTANT REQUEST. DO I HAVE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH ??? I AM VERY CURIOUS & DEFINITELY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PROMPT REPLY...THANKS AGAIN, jayscorvette

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃 TO YOU & YOUR FAMILIES !!! This is jayscorvette Again; By The Way Also In Addition, Can Any Of You Guys Dig Deeper Into Finding Out How Many C60 A/C Option Convertibles Had The M21 & How Many C60 Convertibles Had The Turbo 400 Built ?? Also Could You Guys Find Out How Many C60 T—Top Coupes Had The M21 & How Many C60 T—Top Coupes Had The Turbo 400 ?? Thank You So Much For Looking Into My Unique Corvettes Types Into Their Production ..This Thread Is A Bit Long....But Worth Reading So FYI, My Shark Project Was Going To Be Correctly Redone To NCRS Specs. I Planned On Getting Several Top Flights To Increase It’s Valuable Reputation. She Has A Complete Owner History & All Owners Stories Information Starting From The Dealerships 1st Owner , ( Believe It Or Not A Professional Local Clown !!! ) Original Bill Of Sale & Salesman’s Hand Written Scribble Work Sheet Reflects Time Period, All Docs, Legible Tank Sticker, Protectoplate. NCRS Data Shipping Report, Original Owners Manual, Original Factory Instruction Cards, Etc. Tons Of Receipts From Previous Owners & Myself. I have Accumulated Around $50,000 Into New/Rebuilt Parts. & Fasteners In Order To Complete It. M21 Rebuild Receipt, Complete Engine Rebuild Invoice With Listed Parts, Prices & Procedures ........Before I Started To Partially Disassemble It, I Drove & Enjoyed My ‘68 For About 3 Years Cruising To Local Shows On Saturday Or As A Sunday Driver...There’s Around 84,000 Miles On The Clock & Its Mileage Is Still Printed On With Title !!! Bill ( Its Previous Owner ) , & I Have Driven It On The Average 3,000 Miles Since The Rebuild . Shortly Before I Bought It From Bill, He Had It Professionally Rebuilt By A Very Reputable High Performance Racing Speed Shop In Arizona.....It Has A “Period Correct” Motor ...( Just A Few Units Ahead On The Factory Assembly Line,Extremely Close To TheOriginal). It’s Well Under The Body’s Birthday !!! 90% Of The Entire Engine Was Rebuilt To L88 Specs By A Professional Performance Speed Shop Over in Arizona. ( It Wasn’t Necessary For A Frame—Off, Because Of Its Great Condition Rust Free Dry/Clean Frame). It Does Have Its Original Matching Intake & Tripower Setup From The Original Engine That It Was Born With....... Most Internal Parts Are L88, Bored .060, Forged Steel Crank, L88 Rods & Pistons, & A Crane Performance Cam/Roller Rockers.( Actually Better Than The Original Settup). Obviously A Porcupine Monster, It’s An Extremely Powerful Performer !!!!! I Believed That The Previous Owner Bill Had Mentioned To Me That The Motor Had A Fantastic Dyno; Just Under 600 HP !!! High Perf Block External Oil Cooler Plug....Cast 1-3-68, Assembled 2-6-68, Body Build Date 3-15-68 ....Excellent Sequences...All Matching Date Engine Bay External Parts, New Door Handles, New Tail Lights Lenses GM Reproduction Parts , Etc., Matching # Rebuilt M21 Trans, & A ‘69 3:36 Diff. With Very Low Mileage Out Of A Wrecked ‘69 Stingray. ( I Still Have The Original Optional Matching # High Ratio Highway 3:08 Diff., Needs Rebuild Done ) ...It’s Originally A Lemans Blue (Beautiful Color ) In Need Of A Some Minor Love, & Fiberglass Repair. ( Has Stress Cracks In The Usual Places & There Are Several Spots On The Body Panels That Need Some Gelcoat ). I Have New Interior, Reconditioned Tracks, Seats & Backs New Support Springs, Etc...... ( M B V ) Medium Blue Vinyl Correct 1 Year Only Basketweave Upholstery . All Interior Presently Uninstalled. It Has A New Factory Look Pretty Blue Haze Upper Windshield ( No Logo ) , But Looks Fantastic With The Blue Body. Door Glass Correct. White Convertible Top ( Not Vinylite ) , It’s An Ecklers Top That’s In Excellent Condition. All Of The Small Correct Parts/Fasteners Have Been Organized ..... Categorized & Accounted For During Disassembly From The Complete Car. All In Totes With All Labeled Parts Fasteners. The Larger Parts Are All Together & Accounted For. It Would Be Fairly Easy ( I Have A ‘68 Corvette Factory Assembly Manual, Very Detailed For Professional Factory Corvette Restoration ) ; & Shouldn’t Take Very Long At All To Finish In A Vette Resto Shop Or Commit Yourself Fixing It Up With Some Knowledge Vette Buddies ; Because I Most Definitely Have Every Part To Complete It !!! At MECUM Auctions In Kissimmee, FL , ( I Go Just About Every Year To Check Out Selling Prices On Vettes & GTOs ), I’ve Seen A Few Of These L68 427/400s With C60 Restored To Their Former Factory Glory With Several Top Flights, National, Bloomington Gold, Regional, Etc., & All Owners Complete History/Complete Docs , ( In Which This One Is A Perfect Candidate !!! ) Usually Sell Anywhere From $150,000-$170,000 For Coupes !!!! Convertibles Sell Significantly More Usually Anywhere From A Whopping $190,000-$250,000 + !!!!! For The Right Price/Value/Sell/Trade I Would Be Willing To Work Out A Deal With You Guys On The Obtaining Of My Shark, Being That I’m Not Capable Physically To Finish It. I STILL NEED THOSE L68 427/400 PRODUCTION FIGURES FOR CURIOUS PERSONAL REASONS.. Anyway My ‘68 Has A Truckload Of Potential, Literally !!!! I Have In Addition To Many Vettes, For The Past 35+ Years, I Have Restored Several ‘63-‘67 Bonnevilles & Goats ; Mostly ‘63-‘72 Vettes. For Quite Some Time I’ve Been Looking For A ‘65 Or ‘66 GTO Convertible ( Turn Key Needs Nothing ), That’s Specifically Highly Optioned , & Documented, All Previous Titles, And/Or Documents Proving Complete Past Ownership From New Proving Its Mileage, Prefer Original Dealerships New Bill Of Sale Paperwork Scribble List, Etc., ( Not Required ).....Must At Least Have Original/Copy Of Window Sticker, The Goat However Also Must Have PHS (Pontiac Historical Society Documents ), Protectoplate, & Other Possibly Important Original Documents &. Must Have All Original Matching #s Drivetrain, Including Matching # Rebuilt Engine, Unless Under 35,000 Miles With No Issues, (Prefer Printed Mileage On Title But Mileage Exempt Is Ok ), Prefer Rebuilt Matching # Close Ratio 4 Spd Manual, But Wide Ratio Is OK..... I Need A 3:73 To 3:36 Ratio Rebuilt Matching # Diff..:prefer 12 Bolt, But 10 Bolt Is Ok..... Must Have Factory Correct Exhaust For Each Year ( ‘65 Double Chrome Round Tips Going Out From Under The Center Rear Quarter Panels ) ( ‘66 Chrome Horn Round Tips Out From Under Bumper ) External Engine Bay Must Have All Date And /Or Coded Parts... “ Must Be An All Functional Factory A/C / Plumbing / Heater Vents Equipped Model “ With Harrison Cold Air Conditioning )..Must Have The Correct Engine Code From The Factory( PHS For Proof), “ Designating Carter Tripower Carbs .” 360 HP.. Power Brakes ( Disc Front Upgrade Preferred But Not Required ) Must Have Double Master Cylinder Upgrade ), Power Steering, A Load Of Repair/Maintenance Receipts, Especially Complete Restoration Receipts; Would Like Pictures Of The Process. I’m Specifically Looking For Parchment Interior Only, With The Optional Gauge Cluster Package In Great Looking Working Condition. ( No Idiot Lights ), Nice Woodgrain Gauge Paneling, Center Console For The 4 Spd ....Must Have White Convertible Top & Boot.... Prefer The AM/FM Factory Pontiac Push Button Radio W/ Rear Speaker 🔈 & Its Reverb. Must Have Tilt Factory Steering Wheel, Crank Or Power Windows OK, Functioning Vent Windows, All Great Condition Weatherstripping, All Factory Correct Interior Must Be New Or In Excellent Original Condition Parchment Interior... Prefer Complete Black Pontiac Arrowhead Factory All Vinyl Floor Mats, ( Repros OK ) Great Condition Black Correct Carpet...Please, No Rust Repair Ever, All Metal Body Panels , ( No Bondo !!! ), Excellent Consistent Body Gaps, Bumpers, Doors, Fenders, Hood, Trunk, & Bumpers Nice Smooth No Pit Chrome. All Exterior Trim, & Door Brightwork Around Windows, Windshield Excellent Chrome Nice With No Rust Pits On All Exterior Chrome......Interior Chrome Must Be No Rust Bubbles/Pitting. Body Must Be Accident Free & Solid Rust Free Powder Coated Frame...Prefer Dry Southern Or Western Goat From Salt Free Areas , If So, Always Garaged, Absolutely No Snow Driving Done During Winter....Ok Guys, Now That You All Know What I’m Looking For, My Choices Now Are Significantly Narrowed Down....The Goat Has To Have Correct Original Color Code Paint/Interior According To Firewall Plate. I Would Prefer The ‘65 To Be Mayfair Maze Yellow, Or The ‘66 To Be Butternut Yellow. Engine Can Definitely Be High Performance ; .030 -.060 Overbore Is Fine....Prefer Forged Shot Peened Steel Crank, Higher Performance Modified Rods/Pistons, Higher Duration Racing Cam/Roller Rockers, Etc.( Must Have Clear Title) Please, Please, I Will Not At All Be Interested In Terrible Encumbrances, Scams, Bad Situations, Act Of God, Or Salvage Title.......Looking For Nice Optional ‘65 Or ‘66 All Numbers Orig. Matching Beautifully Restored or Original Excellent Condition Time Capsule Turn Key GTO That’s Ready To Go !!!!! Thanks Let’s Talk, I Just Might Consider Another Unique Interesting Firewall Correct Exterior Factory Paint Color ; Of Course Definitely Require White Conv. Top, & The Matching Unique Parchment Interior ......Touch Base With Me Anytime !!!!! You Guys May Know About One Somewhere, Because You Now Have A Strong Idea.... Thanks For Reading. Have A Great Weekend !!!!! jayscorvette

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom