Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1968 Corvette Convertible

Sure is. Nice car!

I think that Red 68 Corvette has got your name all over it !

mhzvr6 said:
Is this still on the market??
mhzvr6
My Corvette:
68 Red Corvette ?

What do you think? ;shrug

BTW - Welcome to the :CAC

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Yeah, it's this one or a new 2005!!

The red '68 is like my 1st vette I had at age 17. 427 w/435HP rat motor. Mine nickeled & dimes me to death back then... hauling brick by hand did not pay that well :)

New C6. Found a dealer in OH that will take GMS (supplier pricing), so I'd be able to take delevery in BG, Ky. $50,920 minus the discount... looking at 45K plus TTL for TN.

I'd also liek that '68... waiting on a reply from seller.

Yes, that's the plan. My son is in the USAF(reserve), will grad from TN Tech (EE) this spring, get commissioned & I'll selling him my 2001 Gti VR6 (WV) that's Vortec supercharged. Puts down 262HP at the wheels.

Anyhoot, he'll drive me up to BG and home in HIS Gti and I'll head home in the '05 Vic Red Coupe.

Nice to meet you brother...perhaps I'll ring you up when the time comes to head up to BG.

BTW, I am also a vet from the USAF... 20 Yrs, 6 mo, 13 days :) Became all I could become... now on the 2nd half of life.

Definitely give me a call when you head up to Bowling Green . . .

mhzvr6 said:
Nice to meet you brother...perhaps I'll ring you up when the time comes to head up to BG.

BTW, I am also a vet from the USAF... 20 Yrs, 6 mo, 13 days :) Became all I could become... now on the 2nd half of life.
We'll try and hook up!

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

The 68 came without the "Stingray" emblems on the front fenders

PLRX787 said:
The 68 came without the "Stingray" emblems on the front fenders
Yea, the guy put a 427 hood on it also. It also has the chrome inserts on the side vents similar to the 69 (?).
I'm getting ready to put pwr steering on it, it's kinda a bear to try and park etc.

One thing you might want to fix Leather, is the typo where you describe the aftermarket parts on the car:
They added a MSG ignition, ...
It should read MSD, right? ;)

That is, unless we're talking Asian food, eh? :L

Weird why the guy put a 427 LT1 hood on it if it wasn't really a 427. :confused
Yes... the chrome gill inserts were also not on the 68 as well as the Stringray emblem.

The car does look great though! She's a beauty!;)

I hope mine will look as good when its done.

Intake

He probably went with the big block hood to clear the intake manifold. My understanding is only an Edelbrock Performer will still clear the stock hood. This intake is taller.

Rick

Better looking then mine!

I can remember when l had a 68 327/350 4 spd coupe. I was in love with the car but the Forest Green was all that was available at the time.

Three years later l sold it for $2300. If l had the convert and the red body l would still have it in my garage.

Alan

kingman said:
I can remember when l had a 68 327/350 4 spd coupe. I was in love with the car but the Forest Green was all that was available at the time.

Three years later l sold it for $2300. If l had the convert and the red body l would still have it in my garage.

Alan

Yea, I'm probably going to hang on to it. I will put in pwr steering though I'm getting tired of wrestling it around when trying to park. But it is a beaut, I love the lines on the 68's 69's etc. (steel bumper ones).

user_online.gif
OK, here's what I've decided. I'll put it up for sale this week. Next week I'm putting side pipes and Pwr steering on it. I'll keep if for sure as I'll never get my money out of it anyways. ;-)
http://thundering-third.org/auto/68vette.html

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom