Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1968 No electrical power anywhere.

John Knisely

Corvette
1968 Polar White Convertable
I have a 1968 convertible, 327/350 4-speed. Was running fine one day, stopped for lunch, was leaving restaurant and car died when leaving parking lot. Battery is fully charged and both cables are good. There IS 12 volts on the positive terminal of the starter. No lights, or power anywhere.

John

I have a 1968 convertible, 327/350 4-speed. Was running fine one day, stopped for lunch, was leaving restaurant and car died when leaving parking lot. Battery is fully charged and both cables are good. There IS 12 volts on the positive terminal of the starter. No lights, or power anywhere.

John
I'd guess you've popped a fusible link somewhere!:thumb

It's been a long time since I've worked on a 68,I can't remember exactly where they are!:hb

There are probly a couple on the B+ side of the starter and maybe a couple behind the engine around the heater housing. I think I still have a service Manuel here somewhere in a box,Might take a act of congress to find it!:L

Check the fusible link at the starter....the brown wire a couple gauges smaller than the 10R....u might have 12 volts at the starter from the battery but it sounds like the link is blown and that pumps power back to the fuse block.

photo-4.JPG

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...nce/111010-got-problem-no-power-anything.html

Welcome to CAC!!!
good luck with your problem!!

C3's have the battery behind the drivers seat, the ground cable goes from the battery to the frame and gets corroded at the ring terminal. This has happened to me before, i used a jumper cable for emergency from the ground on battery to the steering/brake support to get it home. Replace the cable and clean the frame attachment point.

Bet it is the fusible link.

There are two fusible links by the starter solenoid. I popped one last June and the car would not start, at a huge car show. Lou.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom