Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1971 big block on the edge

manager16150

I just bought this car from the org. owner and I think it is all there and org..
It is a 71 conv. with 4 speed,air,power windows,delux int.,45,000 miles,hub caps.

Now the bad it was sitting outside in PA weather for about 10yrs so needless to say the frame is gone to rust and can not be repaired also there are many smaller problems with rust and weather exposer over the years.

Just looking for opions as to if the car should be (or could be) brought back to life or is it time for it to become a donor (parts car).

ok we now have pictures the doors are good I just took them off to keep them from being damaged.

Wow !!!!
That's about as rough a car as I've ever seen that was still called a car. If you tried to make something out of what's there, I think you'd be so far upside-down so fast that you'd never recover even a decent part of all the $$$ you've spent. As it looks in the pictures I'm not sure if it's even a parts car.
To me, the only way someone would take that renewal on would be if the car turns out to be very special or of GREAT sentimental value to someone.
Regards,
Alan

Well at least you won't have to buy doors.

Holy cow that is quite the project, its hard to imagine that an original owner would let the car become that. I mean how much is a cover - $60?

An original, big block, 71 convertible? Do you have clear title to this car? Personally, I would restore the car, but then, I'm a sucker for old bumper cars.

:)

There are a lot of people who have org parts for it, But if you do turn it in to a donor car I have a 72 that needs parts let me know

It's a big block convertible.
Go for it.

The photos really don't show enough to pass judgement.
Frames are readily available. Bringing up to driver condition, maybe not too bad on the money. Full blown restoration? You better win the lottery.

Looks like a lot of work but it is a big block convertible. I'd start with a new frame and salvage what I could from the old one. Then rebuild and swap over the driveline. It will look a whole lot better once you have a solid foundation to build on.

Tom

That's sad. I think you'd be upside down real quickly with that project. That needs everything.

Looks rough, but a new frame would do wonders for it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom