Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1971 Pricing help

H

Hawaiin00b

I wouldn't post these if I thought the media guides out there were consistent. Those of you who have seen trends would know better than I, I think.

Looking at a 1971 350/270 4spd. No rust, all original. Needs new tires, pipes and windshield has small crack. Needs a tune-up due to sitting for a while. Starts; the guy drove it to a mechanic and the mechanic said it looked pretty sound.

Any ideas on fair price?

Thanks!

Pat

Perhaps the weather is too hot for anyone else to reply. Here's my thoughts on a '71: it depends completely on condition and originality. Could be worth anywhere from say $12k to $40k.

One tip I'd offer is to look to see what these guys are asking ...
http://www.proteam-corvette.com/1972.html

... and deduct 10%. Another tip is to see what the minimum is the seller will accept and decide if you're happy to pay that.

Like you, I'm sceptical about the prices in those guides. I think you've got to make your own mind up about how badly you want the car.

Good luck!

12k iS QUITE FAIR BUT SHE WILL BRING 20K PLUS EASY

The73vetteman said:
Perhaps the weather is too hot for anyone else to reply. Here's my thoughts on a '71: it depends completely on condition and originality. Could be worth anywhere from say $12k to $40k.

One tip I'd offer is to look to see what these guys are asking ...
http://www.proteam-corvette.com/1972.html

... and deduct 10%. Another tip is to see what the minimum is the seller will accept and decide if you're happy to pay that.

Like you, I'm sceptical about the prices in those guides. I think you've got to make your own mind up about how badly you want the car.

Good luck!
Thanks '73 , followed your link to a '69 L88. Got all the pix. What a screamer. It looks just like my '71 two top vert, LS5, 4 speed, sidepipes . The weather in the East was GREAT today. You can forget whatever my BigBlock would bring ; ITS NOT FOR SALE

Cant beat a 71!!!! Actually sharks from 70 - 72 are what I feel the nicest looking sharks of the bunch!!! Wheelwells are flared out a bit versus the 68/69, chrome bumpers front and rear and fiber optics on the 70 and 71. Watch the prices on these. They are next to fly with a lot of value in them. I didnt buy mine for that reason though. I think its the FPD. Fun Per Dollar quotient. Had it out on Thursday at a local cruise night and people were drooling over it. If the mechanic said its not to shabby write the first check...just do some research before as to what it would cost to get it where you want to be!! Good luck!!! Oh...mine aint for sale either!!!!!

Anthony

Anthony,

Thanks! :p The car should be here within a few weeks... I'll post pics!

Thanks to everyone who read and/or contributed their opinions!

Pat

Hawaiin00b said:
Anthony,

Thanks! :p The car should be here within a few weeks... I'll post pics!

Thanks to everyone who read and/or contributed their opinions!

Pat

Pat,

What did you buy? How much was it, details please. :lou

Congratulations!

Market is strange. I find it depends a lot on where you are. I'm in Quebec, where we get to drive these cars for 6 or 7 months. Insurance is expensive, registration is a couple hundred, and gas is over a dollar a litre (That's almost 4 dollars a gallon!).

So anyway, I think the season matter and where you are matters almost as much as the car in question. I clicked on the link, those cars are sweet. A little problematic too, since if the 71 isn't in prestine condition, how much less than $45000 is it worth? Tough.

You could also check ebay, although I'm beginning to seriously doubt the power of ebay. The prices are way off it seems. It would to me I guess, I listed my 69 427 convertible and I'm lucky if it gets $20000 - I'll be losing money on the car... a bunch too. I find the market to not be what it was about 5 years ago.

Not here yet, guys and gals. I'm more anxious than you could believe...well, some of you, maybe. :p

I bought the car sight unseen due to my location. Found out that the original color code was Ontario Orange which made my day. Not sure why, but orange is a hot color to me on vettes. Currently the car is black and the guy asked me to relax about changing the color until I actually saw the paint job they put on it, which they he is claiming they paid 8k for. We'll see. Anyway...sorry I haven't been posting, but I have a new job (to *ahem* pay for the car :p ), but I WILL post pics when it gets here.

Cross your fingers with me!

Pat

PS-I bought the car that I was posting about, the 1971...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom