Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1972 corvette emblems

chevyman1759

Corvette
1972 elkhart green coupe
Can anyone tell me the difference in the making of the outside emblems?I've seen and know the cheap "repo" emblems.What confuses me is the difference between NOS and new.The new emblems have the part number on them but have extra letters on the other side.Also the color red does not match.Is there anyone out there that can explain a true original emblem to me so I can understand it? I am trying to find an correct front nose emblem for my 72.To many people want to sale me the wrong emblem.Thanks for any help!

Can anyone tell me the difference in the making of the outside emblems?I've seen and know the cheap "repo" emblems.What confuses me is the difference between NOS and new.The new emblems have the part number on them but have extra letters on the other side.Also the color red does not match.Is there anyone out there that can explain a true original emblem to me so I can understand it? I am trying to find an correct front nose emblem for my 72.To many people want to sale me the wrong emblem.Thanks for any help!

Buy NOS, it comes in an original GM box with the proper part #. If the emblem you presently have on your is an original it will have the part # stamped on the back. You can find them on the internet and at shows. I would stay away from the "Chinese" junk out there. I refuse to put anything offshore on my American Classic.

1972 corvette front emblem

The problem I have is I got a new emblem.It came in the box.The box has a number which matches the emblem.But I look at my old one and the new one side by side.The color red does not match. Also when you turn them over one side of the flags has the part number,which the new one has,But on the other flag my old one has a marking that reads[Detroit motors] in very small letters.The new one has three large letters.They are KDC.I don't know what they mean.

The problem I have is I got a new emblem.It came in the box.The box has a number which matches the emblem.But I look at my old one and the new one side by side.The color red does not match. Also when you turn them over one side of the flags has the part number,which the new one has,But on the other flag my old one has a marking that reads[Detroit motors] in very small letters.The new one has three large letters.They are KDC.I don't know what they mean.

After I replaced my round badge on my 73 ,it was a different color as well. Time and the elements take their toll. If it's brighter it will dull down. It's only an emblem not a pimple on the end of your nose(lol).

The colors on existing nose emblem on your car, especially the red, is almost certainly sun bleached a bit. New emblem should have brighter, less faded colors.

:)

Buy NOS, it comes in an original GM box with the proper part #.

NOS means new OLD stock. True 'NOS' emblems were all bought up years ago.

Everything available now is a modern aftermarket replacement, irrespective of what box it comes in. There's no guarantee that something in a GM box is closer to the original than a foreign knock off.

NOS means new OLD stock. True 'NOS' emblems were all bought up years ago.

Everything available now is a modern aftermarket replacement, irrespective of what box it comes in. There's no guarantee that something in a GM box is closer to the original than a foreign knock off.

That might be possible but not everything is switched. I bought NOS trim rings and they were identical to the ones off the showroom floor. If you look hard enough and you know what your looking at-you probably won't get dooped.

That might be possible but not everything is switched. I bought NOS trim rings and they were identical to the ones off the showroom floor. If you look hard enough and you know what your looking at-you probably won't get dooped.

If your trim rings were made recently, they are not new OLD stock (NOS)- they are new parts. Whether they are identical to the original parts or not is irrelevant.

'NOS' status does not guarantee that the part is identical to the original parts from the car. Many parts were never sold over the counter in their production line configuration.

BTW- the four attachment clips on original trim rings are placed differently than service replacements. Which configuration are yours in?

I have the original trims as delivered when new and the NOS are in the same spot. I compared them and also looked at the # on the back,they were the real deal so I jumped on them

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom