Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1973 Coupe Jack Location

brrujo

Corvette
1973 Coupe Red
Help!! I am a little confused. I just recently accuired a 73 coupe. The jack and lug wrench came seperate in a box and appeared to have spend the last 30 years in the rain. All rusted. After much soaking in solvent, lots of Navel Jelly and about 3 cans of PB Blaster, 2 wore out wire brush wheels, and a can of black paint, I am back in business. I know the jack mounts in the compartment behind the pass seat. When I open the compartment there is a liner in place. This is where I am confused. The liner is covering the jack mounting tabs that are attached. I have a new retaining spring. Do I have the wrong liner or what??? Any help is greatly appriciated!!

Help!! I am a little confused. I just recently accuired a 73 coupe. The jack and lug wrench came seperate in a box and appeared to have spend the last 30 years in the rain. All rusted. After much soaking in solvent, lots of Navel Jelly and about 3 cans of PB Blaster, 2 wore out wire brush wheels, and a can of black paint, I am back in business. I know the jack mounts in the compartment behind the pass seat. When I open the compartment there is a liner in place. This is where I am confused. The liner is covering the jack mounting tabs that are attached. I have a new retaining spring. Do I have the wrong liner or what??? Any help is greatly appriciated!!
I just measured my original liner. It is 6.25" from the lip to the bottom of the liner (measured on the outside). If yours is deeper, you might have the wrong liner but I'm not sure where you would find something like that. At one time there were insulated liners offered in the aftermarket and those might be a problem. Plastic replicas are available at the Corvette parts sites and are supposed to be the right depth. The jack sits in the space diagonally and I believe it fits only one way. The other possibility is that you have the wrong jack. It should look like this one:

yb.dll

If you have the wrong jack or the liner you have is too deep, you can always store the jack inside the spare tire like the C4s.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom