Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1974 interior rocker switch

Lib

Corvette
1974 Coupe, Big Block
New 1974 owner. My car has a large black plastic 3-position rocker switch on the side of the console. It is on the driver's side knee space. I've looked through the owner's manual reproduction copy I have, and also some other publications re: originality, and cannot find this rocker switch shown on any examples nor discussed in the owner's manual. So my obvious question is: what the heck does it control??

It could be for a rear window defogger . I am not to up on the later C-3 but in the early cars 70-72 that is the location for that switch.
Kelly

Thanks all. My rear window doesn't have the deicer, but I suspect a new rear window could have been installed at some point without the feature.

I am out of my expertise on the later C-3 cars. But the early ones don’t have wires in the glass like a 79 car. They used a small blower almost like a small hair dryer, when you get a chance look at the rear tire hump an see if you have a vent facing toward the back glass. If you do that is you blower/deffoger.

...They used a small blower almost like a small hair dryer...

Yep. Purchase the '74 assembly instruction manual (AIM). The AIM shows the installation of the optional rear window defogger.

Congrats on the '74. I had a '74 L-48 coupe for a daily driver and loved that girl. Sadly, I let her go and have missed her since the day I traded her. BIG mistake.

:)

Thanks all! That's it - rear window defogger.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom