Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1975 Owners, Check Your Trim Tags

brettwhite72

Corvette
75 Steel Blue, 87 Black, 02 Convertible White
It all started when I purchased one of these cars and seen it was a 1-year color and only 1,268 were painted this color (probably the rarest 'vette I'd ever have). I verified my trim tag as paint code 27L (drivers side door hinge post) and noticed the date code on the trim tag also. My car being B27 (Nov 27th). I then learned about the date code on the info sticker by the driver side door latch and my car was 11/74 date. I read in the Corvette Black Book that the Steel Blue color was available for approx. 3 months. So now I knew that Nov. was one of those months. For a few years now I have been collecting VIN, Trim Tag, and Door Latch stickers from many 1975 Corvettes.

This is where I need more help. Many people don't even know that their car is a Steel Blue car.... many have been repainted a different color... if you have a 1975 Corvette would you please check your tim tag for the 27L paint code and make note of the date code in the upper right corner (just after CHEVROLET), and finally the date code on the info sticker by the latch on the drivers side door. The more proof and honesty I have from your information the better my research will be about these cars. At this point I need to confirm some info I got yesterday but I might just be able to prove 4 months of production and so far no L82 Steel Blue Corvettes.

I Will Not ask for personal information from you. My interest is purely to document the production run of the Steel Blue 1975 Corvettes.

Please, contact me at brettwhite72@yahoo.com if you have a Trim Tag paint code 27L 1975 Corvette. This research has become a big interest to many Steel Blue Corvette owners, and I am enjoying doing the research.

*I don't care if they are still painted Steel Blue or not, I don't even care if they are road worthy.

1975 Steel Blue Corvette Update

An Update for anyone interested in the 1975 Steel Blue Corvettes. It's been a long (several years) process, but as of this date I have collected info from 20 Steel Blue 1975 Corvettes. That is just barely touching the 1,268 total production of that exterior one year only (shade) color, but so far it has proven that the Steel Blue paint was applied on Corvettes from the factory in Oct 74, Nov, Dec, Jan 75, and Feb. In these cars I have obtained the (minimum info) last 6 digits of the VIN, Trim Tag Date Code, and / or Door Info sticker. This research is fun and will continue....

brettwhite72@yahoo.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom