Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1976 - Engine #s

B

born2run

I recently obtained a 1976 Stingray.. Can someone please tell me where exactly to look on the engine to determine the ID #s?? I'm having a hard time finding it..

Thanks for your help..

born2run said:
I recently obtained a 1976 Stingray.. Can someone please tell me where exactly to look on the engine to determine the ID #s?? I'm having a hard time finding it..

Thanks for your help..
on the passenger side front of the block there is a machined pad with the numbers on it where the head bolts on. Welcome to CAC there are members here who can tell you what to look for but I am not a "numbers matching" guy so I don't know. Its good to see another 76 we are out numbered in the Poll
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1565&highlight=shark+count
Craig sr

bossvette is correct, you might check to see if the last 6 digits on the engine stamp match the last 6 digits on the windshield post(drivers side). another 76......... save the wave. Donald

Thanks guys.. I found the #s and they do match the VIN.. By the way, I'm in Williston Park, Long Island.. It's been a real cold winter here. Can't wait until the Spring to really get going on this car.. This forum is a tremendous resource.. Glad I found it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom