Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1977 Built in Alarm system

C

cjpck44

Thanks for looking at this. I just bought a 77 L-82 (my first Corvette and I love her) and it came with its own alarm system. I would like to put in a more modern one and am interested if anyone knows how to remove the old alarm system from the command module? I don't want to physically take it out, just remove the wires necessary for right now.

Thanks,
Chris C.

Thanks a lot Bob. This guy before me looks like he had a lot of fun with a few of the wires. Even put in a couple of jumpers with fuses at the fuse box. Going through and straightening that all out but this is my first experience with this alarm system going to every hood latch, door, t-top latch and all. Just wondering, does yours work?

No. I replaced one of the relays under the console and then decided that I am going to add a keyless system. I'm just going to leave it alone.

If you don't have one, you need to get an electrical book on the car. They are on Ebay all the time. I think I paid 10 or 15 bucks for mine. Due the occasional search for 1977 Corvette and you will eventually find it.

Good luck with the electrical. It's not exactly my favorite area to work on.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom