Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1977 C3 engine conversion

trower

Corvette
1977 Tan Corvette with 1992 corvette LT1 engine
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and would like to share my project. My 77 was in need of a face lift so I started with the brakes and calipers which evolved into rebuilt trailing arms and struts. I rebuilt the 350 to about 300 hp and wanted a 4 speed auto and a serpentine belt system and EFI. The cost of this was way over my budget so I found a low mileage 1992 corvette LT1 with a 700R4 and all the wiring and ecm. This was exactly what I wanted. EFI, 4 speed auto, serpetine belt and 300 hp. Drive train is installed and ready for a test start. I still have to install a radiator and hook up the AC and trans. cooler. Crossing my fingers!

Good luck with your project :thumb

Where are you getting the ECM calibration for your project?

Welcome to CAC!!!!
Enjoy!!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Where are you getting the ECM calibration for your project?

From a company in Pennsylvania called LT1 Wiring. They do LS wiring also. I sent them my harness and they custom configiuered it to fit the 77 corvette. They also did the eprom. I forgot to have them remove the speed limiter but maybe 150 mph is enough?

150 will definitely be enough. Because of its rotten aerodynamics, a '77 without some aero mods, would be frightening to drive over about 130.

150 will definitely be enough. Because of its rotten aerodynamics, a '77 without some aero mods, would be frightening to drive over about 130.

the 1992 had a top speed of 150mph . The 1977 has a lower drag coefficient than the 1992. Therefore a 1977 with the same power train should top 150mph.:)

Pease, post the aero numbers for '77 and '92 as well as your source for those numbers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom