Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1980 Power Antenna Mast

T

tgauld1

So my stupid friends were throwing a football around my car while I was in it listening to the radio. The football ended up hitting my antenna mast bending it. I bent it back into place for the most part but it will not go all the way down, and the reception is garbage. Here's my question...Is there any way to just replace the antenna mast instead of buying a whole entire power antenna? If so, where can I get just a mast? How do I go about installing it also?

Thanks,
Troy

This is a picture of my messed up antenna.
DSCN0295.jpg

They say you can replace the mast but I had no luck with it. I had to replace the entire assemble.

GM sells just the mast. BUT I think it is a replacement mast for the aftermarket replacement power antenna unit. The mast they sold me looked nothing like the mast that came out of the OEM unit.

Is you antenna factory original?

Jim

I'm pretty sure that mine is factory. I took it off my car and tried to take the mast out but had no luck with it. I'm probably just going to get a new one eventually. I listen to CDs more than the radio anyway. Where can I get one for less than $150?

I'm pretty sure that mine is factory. I took it off my car and tried to take the mast out but had no luck with it. I'm probably just going to get a new one eventually. I listen to CDs more than the radio anyway. Where can I get one for less than $150?

They are only about $30-40 at a parts supply store.

I went with a Delco from a 1994 Cadillac. Picked it up at a scrap yard. You need to work it a bit...shorter then ours. After market will be the same problem.

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom