Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Covette carb issue

Hello

I posted a thread in the wrong section. I put it in the general discussion. I am working on my uncles car with a E4ME rochester carb. My question is did Chevrolet not use a rear vacuum break on the corvette. I have just the front vacuum break. The pic I uploaded is under general discussion under 1981 carb issue. Thanks

I posted a thread in the wrong section. I put it in the general discussion. I am working on my uncles car with a E4ME rochester carb. My question is did Chevrolet not use a rear vacuum break on the corvette. I have just the front vacuum break. The pic I uploaded is under general discussion under 1981 carb issue. Thanks
what is the rochester # stamped on the carb ??

carb

I can get the secondary pull off. Do you know where I can get the link rod? Also, the motor has a broken #8 intake push rod. My question is are these cams pretty durable?

i just found your picture and the rod from the choke pulloff to the secondary air valve is missing. sorry this took so long but idid not read your original post till just now

regarding 81 DISTRIBUTOR ...
81 did NOT have vacuum advance.
since carb's apparently been modded ... maybe dist too?
Lotsa folks have modded 81 to install earlier HEI distributor that does have a vacuum advance ... better check to see if yours still has OE computer ECM ... and if it's controlling carb & dist ... or not.

DougRoe-1.jpg

Good stuff here. It has a section on the "electronic" Q-Jet.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom