Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 In Virginia Beach?

G

gambit

Does anybody have a 1981 or 82 in the Tidewater Virginia Area? Id like to take a look under the hood. I have some wiring problems and need one to compare it to, so I can figure out what goes where. I would very much appreciate a peek under your hood!!

Maybe if you post what local under hood someone with an 81 could snap a picture or two. People here are good like that.. ;)

:w
-Stefan

I think it would be more helpfull if you take a look at the wiring diagram. If you still have the "vehicle emission control information" label under your hood it gives you a very clear diagram of all the AIR vacuum lines.
But of course it is better to find somebody in your neighbourhood with a 81 :)

Groeten Peter.

I have about a dozen that I have taken over the past few years...
If you could explain your problem with a couple of pics we should be able to help you out...

Im not sure if I can help at all, but ill try. If you tell me your e- mail address i can send you enough pictures that youll be lookin at them for days. I moved alot of my wiring and removed all my emissions equipment, but it all still goes to the same place. I dont know, but your vette looks familiar. VERY, VERY familiar. Have you ever been up at Jenros on Saturday afternoons in the summer in the Haygood Shopping center? If not Im sure ive seen ya around. Vettes call to me! The fifth ant a half sense.
Good Luck
zachh
186_2.jpg

the 79 does not have the same wiring as the 81 with several changes, including the new computer assisted carb and the electric fan, but any pics you want to send go ahead, as well as anybody else. I have tried pics already but it just didnt cut it. The wires were cut for the electric fan and Im trying to figure out why my cruise is not working. I changed the cables and the tranducer, it will not set, but it will speed up if I hold in the Resume Button.
gambit@kerrlake.com

and nope you didnt see this car im pretty sure. I just got it in april and it came out of Carolina.

best thing you can do for your self is to get an assembly instruction manual and a service manual.
these are the 'bibles' for corvettes every thing you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask is in there,from how it was built to how to repair it along with wiring diagrams...

I cant help you with the cruise b/c mine doesn't work either,but i don't have the proper cable!
I do have plenty of engine pics and could go out and get some more if you know what it is you are looking for.....

Thanks but....

I appreciate all the thoughts, Ive had several people send pics before and I have all manuals I can find for the car but its been butchered so bad that only seeing a correct one will help me. Ive tried the other options already. All emissions have been removed, vacuum hose have been cut, wires dangling, and others just cut out. I need to physically see a 1981 to get it back right. If anybody can help in the tidewater Virginia area, I would much appreciate it

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom