Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Interior Color Help - Camel

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
My question concerns the vinyl interior pcs only. I may need to replace a few panels(not the door) on my 81. Are these all slightly different shades or is the vinyl actually all the same color?
1982,1981Camel/1980Doeskin/1979,1978 Light Beige.....thanks!

Hey, Raybee.

I believe there is a very slight difference in shade. It may be almost imperceptible - almost.

I know for a fact that the 78 silver is close - but not exact to the 81 silver. Those two colors looked very close, and at "first blush" could appear to be interchangeable, but they aren't. No one would be able to tell unless you used one color on a part, then used the other on a piece right next to it.

If you're looking to maintain the look of originality, I suggest staying with the year-correct color. If not, pick one color and stay with it throughout. Hope this helps.

Colors possibly varied between model years. If you are replacing parts, my advice would be to use the color code from your trim tag.

If your parts are servicable but need to be redyed, take a piece of your existing trim to a SEM automotive interior dye dealer and let them match the color.

:thumb

The interior colors are different. My 79 is light beige. I replaced my door handle backings and was sent camel. Big difference. Use your trim tag code.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom