Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 smallblock to big block conversion

Sour Grapes

Gary:

Beautiful!! I'm afraid if I built an engine that looked like that I'd run it one time and park it. I wouldn't want it to get dirty. Just kidding, too bad you're going to hide it under the hood.

Did you build the motor? What was done to it? Let us know how it goes.

Beautiful, Breathtaking
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

BudD
:w

Al, I bought the 502 engine kit. The shortblock was assembled but I did everything else. I thoroughly checked over the shortblock and did a lot of extra cleaning and detailing. It was amazing how dirty the bores were. The entire kit was packaged quite well but was not sealed against dust. I have some photos of the contents. These are photos that I took with a regular camera and scanned in to a MS word document. The document is quite large and may take a few minutes to download. If you don't have MS word you may not be able to view it. If you want me to put it on the forum or email it to you let me know. Gary

A work of art

Gary,
I noticed in your 1st picture that you have it plugged in. Is it electric? Ought to be really fast until you run out of extension cord.

Tom

extension cord

Tom, All I need is 1320 feet and I'm home free! The cord actually goes to the dehumidifier in the bottom left corner. Wouldn't want my baby to get musty. Gary

Is it soup yet?

I'm wondering what's happened with Gary (gwtill) and his big block crate motor swap into his '81. I hope it's simply that he's having way too much fun with it ... no time to visit.
JACK:confused

Unfortunately I have been traveling or tied up for almost a month and have not had any time to work on it. Hopefully I will get a little free time toward the end of July

Need big block pulleys and brackets

Hey guys, The 81 engine is out and the 502 is ready for test fitting but.....I need the mounting brackets and pulleys from a big block. Anyone out there got any???????

Thanks, Gary

Pulleys and brkts

Gary,

Might try Paragon Reproductions for used ones. They probably have the new ones too. I see Ecklers has all of the BB accessory mounting brackets and pulleys also. Of course engine mounts and frame brackets are the same.

www.corvette-paragon.com
www.ecklers.com

Tom

Big block brackets

Tom, Thanks for the reply. I'm not familiar with Paragon. Do you have an phone number? I will also look on the web and see if they are listed.

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom