Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 Collector Edition Hood Louvre Issue

asby69

So, I've troubleshot everything that is in the shop manual... no luck.

I've replaced the relay, the ECM, and have tested the solenoid. Still will not open a WOT.

I checked for continuity from the orange wire that goes in to the relay to the #7 pin connector that goes into the ECM. It has continuity (hence it should transmit electric signal to the relay.

I can pop the cover off the relay and manually move the contact and the louvre will open and close. I suppose that means the wiring to the solenoid and the solenoid itself is good.

Any ideas?

I just removed the door assembly . fresh air 100% of the time.

Are you troubleshooting the system using the Factory Service Manual?

May be way off here, but if it's to open at WOT then it's dependant on your TPS sending a high enough voltage back to the ECM to tell it you are at WOT.
Have you tested the TPS?

May be way off here, but if it's to open at WOT then it's dependant on your TPS sending a high enough voltage back to the ECM to tell it you are at WOT.
Have you tested the TPS?

No I haven't. I thought the same thing but since the manual didn't tell me to do so.

Any ideas on how to do that properly?

Thanks man.

When your foot is on the floor, do the TB plates open fully?
If so, when they are open fully, what's the TPS voltage shown in the data list of your scan tester?

I just removed the door assembly . fresh air 100% of the time.

There are times when I really wish I had access to the OEM calibration file for the '82s.

My sense is the calibration may be different just a bit on the VE table at 100KPAs (PE mode) to accommodate the air coming in from the chamber.

FWIW- I'm not running the door either. In fact, I have a thin plate blocking the snorkel off from inside the air box. So I'm pulling exclusively from the fresh air chamber. I have a lot of data logs showing there's almost no appreciable difference in maximum KPAs at WOT between using the fresh air chamber versus an air filter base plate trimmed to allow air around it.

All of that aside... yeah, like Hib said... make sure your TBs are opening up all the way and check your TPS readings, asby69.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom