Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1982 Rear Glass Hatch

M

myvettes0781

Hi,

I have a 1981. In 1982 they came with a rear glass hatchback. Is there place were I can buy a conversion kit for my 81? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Marc
Irvine,CA.

Only the 82 Collector Edition cars had the opening hatch; the back window was fixed for all other models. You can make the swap if you put together the necessary 82 CE parts. Purchase the 82 assembly instruction manual, view the factory installation, and start making your parts list.

In the mid-80s, there was a outfit with a kit to retro-fit the 82 CE hatch to the fixed window cars using GM parts. You might find one of these old kits around.

:)

Adding to Mikes comments, I've seen these kits every so often advertised on eBay, also I know a couple of folks that found a wrecked 82 CE that the back glass was in great condtion and bought the glass and associated hardware and had it installed.

Remember... you will be dealing with a 27 year old parts, even in the best of conditions they might need gasgets and some parts may need to be mfr'ed for the installation ;)

Good Luck and happy hunting :)

Bud

Thank you all for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it. I'll start hunting.

Marc

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom