Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 AC Question

Ok, it seems as though keeping the sytem R-12 is the easiest, if I can find refridgerent and there are no leaks -my refridgeration buddy is looking for some R-12 for me. If we can find it, do we try and charge the system to see if it just hadn't been charged in a long time or even to find out where it is leaking?

Ok, it seems as though keeping the sytem R-12 is the easiest, if I can find refridgerent and there are no leaks -my refridgeration buddy is looking for some R-12 for me. If we can find it, do we try and charge the system to see if it just hadn't been charged in a long time or even to find out where it is leaking?

You can find R12 on Ebay, you will need a license to buy it.

Oriellys auto parts has it here.

Attach your gauges to the system, if I remember correctly your high side should be 2.5 times the ambient temp. Low side seemed to be 28-32, but I might have that confused with the older systems. That will tell you if it is low.

To find leaks you will need some leak detector and a black light.

I converted my '87, and it worked fine.

I used the Mickey Mouse setup from Advance / Zone, did a double flush just to make sure, and it worked perfect.

When you check to see if anything is now left in the system, don't hold the valve open too long until it all vents.

Hold the 'save the planet' rants please... All the people on the planet will fit within the confines of Texas. What do you think they could do to Texas/the South/the US/North America/across the oceans and the rest of the planet, if they all did it 24/7, from within the Tex borders? How much less could they do if spread out??? Don't know about you, but heating my home this past winter was NOT cheap. Gore and my local weatherman are failin' to communicate.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom