Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 crossfire dripping not spraying

JOHNNYO_13

Corvette
1984 STOCK CORVEYTE
Hi everyone need some help with xfire objectors. Will not spray dribbles gas . Cleaned and checked objectors sill not running or spraying. Also backfires through tbi and will throw fire out.need to pump to keep running. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone need some help with xfire injectors. Will not spray dribbles gas . Cleaned and checked injectors sill not running or spraying. Also backfires through tbi and will throw fire out.need to pump to keep running. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sorry about the spelling

TBI shot

I had to contend with this awhile back. Your Throttle bodies are shot. The gasoline is at 18PSI I believe at the fuel regulator and should come out of the Two Injector in a conical spray I believe. If they are just dripping it defeats the whole purpose of spreading the fuel equally among the cylinders. Dripping just allows the closest cylinders to get the most. I'd remove them and send them out to be rebuilt. While you there, it would be an excellent time to remove the intake manifold and have it ported and polished. The smoother it is for the fuel to make it to the cylinders the better the fuel is able to restore the idle and smooth flow of the power once you step on the throttle. I have a 84 and it ran, but it always had a rought idle even after i seal all the vacuum leaks and having the two TBI balanced with a manometer. :w

Thanks i was afraid that could be the issue . Can you tell me how to find the tv number to but a rebuild kit. Need seals gaskets ect.

i would take a look at my fuel pressure first .both injectors dont go bad at the same time.check fuel filter and fuel pump.the fuel pressure at the injectors should be around 14 psi.that is hard to get with the factory pump .most go with a 1985 or newer pump.check your pressure.

Make sure to replace both O-rings (two O-rings per injector), and make SURE they are seated properly (a little trans fliud on 'em helps a lot). Those are usually the cause of dripping fuel.

Tb model numbers

Where can i find the tb model numbers to order a gasket kit? Or does anyone know the kit numbers

GP Sorensen
Part #: 96-629

Tbi numbers

What are and where are the numbers for the tb ? Are they rochester 400 or something else on my 1984?

Hey Geekinavette is there a place on this sight to sell parts? Or do you know of a sight other than EB or CL.

I know this is late, but if the air temperature isn't cold enough you won't get a cone shaped spray,only in the winter time.

jimbil208

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom