Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 exhaust all done

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
i just finished the final stage of my exhaust system (for now at least) by removing the cat and installing a test pipe.... so that along with the muffler eliminators has not only made the car sound AWESOME but has given it a whole buncha ooomph off the line:D

thanks everyone for all the great advice....... now its time to start working on the truck

I told you so. Once that cat is off you must have gained 15 hp.

Funny! Today I was looking at an exhaust system from Corvette Central to accomplish this exact task.

i got mine from mid america and myu test pipe off of ebay... couldnt be happier than i am right now... the thing sounds incredible and for a fraction of the cost of a borla system

A "test pipe" is a stretch of exhaust tubing one installs in place of a catylitic converter to enable "testing" of the vehicle without the restriction inherant with cats.

Test pipe:lou

stock cat:z

have a 79 w/350 truck engine ( 255hp) want to put straight duals instead of side pipes so I can listen to spouse and hear police, just a passing idea as parts like that for 79 look scarce.

have a 79 w/350 truck engine ( 255hp) want to put straight duals instead of side pipes so I can listen to spouse and hear police, just a passing idea as parts like that for 79 look scarce.

i would have loved to have had side pipes on my C3.......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom