Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 with 13,000 OG miles want some opinions

84Vetteuser3

Corvette
1984 Xfire
I inherited a 1984 Corvette from my papaw last year. He barely drove it, and the previous owner REALLY barely drove it. When we got it I believe it had 10,000 miles on it, keep in mind that is 10,000 spread out over 30 almost 31 years, and no I didn't forget a 0 it's 10k.

I wanted to get an opinion from some of the regulars here. This car is in show condition mind you, and has been to a few shows. Also it is in the local parade around here some years, although not since papaw was sick and passed last year :(.

I am not satisfied with the horsepower. However I'm wondering with the type of condition it is in and the historical value of it makes modification for HP a bad idea. I suspect it does already have an aftermarket exhaust on it but I have not looked that closely.

I know the crossfire injection is not the best, or easiest to modify system on the Vettes. But I have seen a few builds where people have succefully increased the HP and kept the stock intake setup, or at least the stock look and the xfire injection. I don't really even want much more power, just more than my moms VW EOS would be nice, it's 210, with a turbo. So 230 would be sufficient for me really.

I would also like to find a factory radio to replace the broken one it has, the main piece the tape went into broke somehow. The power locks also have some issue, but other than that she runs and looks great. A couple pictures are below. It does need a good bath also, but that's not a 'problem' per-se , just hasn't been done. Papaw was really sick with Cancer and all of his vehicles except this one took a beating, the Eclipse motor was blown and the Mercedes (also a classic) needed at the very least a new fuel pump.

IMG_20150130_205104933.jpg1984_vette.jpg10940555_10203680941446296_3399238833896474523_n.jpg

Try Corvette Radio. You might be able to get the original one rebuilt,
or buy one that's already been rebuilt. Good luck with getting more out of the
crossfire. It can be done, but takes a lot of work and/or $$$.
Andy :w

Try Corvette Radio. You might be able to get the original one rebuilt,
or buy one that's already been rebuilt. Good luck with getting more out of the
crossfire. It can be done, but takes a lot of work and/or $$$.
Andy :w

I honestly think just a good performance exhaust would be enough to get the little bit more out of it that I want. From reading the specs and how much the GM performance exhaust gave stock setups.

I think it already has a 3" exhaust on it. It doesn't look factory, but the exhaust manifold does, no header pipes.

I would like to keep it as stock as possible. As you can see from the pictures the engine bay still looks brand new.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom