Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1986 Convertible Door Ajar light question

chris123

I just replaced the lens on the center information center since mine was all boogered up from the previous owner; I noticed there is a door ajar light; I replaced the bulb with a known good bulb; my questions is, is this supposed to light up everytime one of the doors is open? All of the other bulbs are working correctly, however I was just wondering if this is a functioning option for the 86's; if so, where are the switches that control this bulb? I'm assuming obviously somewhere near the door jambs........

Regards, Chris
smile5.gif

If a door is not fully closed, the 'door ajar' light on the dash will be on when the ignition key is in the 'run' position.
The door ajar light won't show if a door is open, just when you turn the key with an open door.

If a door is not fully closed, the 'door ajar' light on the dash will be on when the ignition key is in the 'run' position.
The door ajar light won't show if a door is open, just when you turn the key with an open door.

6: Thanks for the reply; I tested both switches and they both needed to be replaced; ordered 2 new ones, and they should be here shortly.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom