Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1986 headlight replacing

Bobby Garrett

i need some advice with replcing headlight in 86 vette. i turn the knob to manually open headlight but after about 10 seconds its closes again.....is there something im not doing right or something im not doing at all? thanks in advance.

i need some advice with replcing headlight in 86 vette. i turn the knob to manually open headlight but after about 10 seconds its closes again.....is there something im not doing right or something im not doing at all? thanks in advance.

I disconnected the battery before replacing mine so I never had the problem you're running in to. And here's a nice video YouTube

Another way to get your headlight door to stop in the middle position, so you can replace a headlight, is to turn on your headlights, so the doors open all the way, then push the headlight switch in (off) for just a short time, then quickly pull the switch out to the parking light position. The rotation will stop, and the headlights will be off.

If you try to rotate the knob, like you did, the circuitry will try to close the headlight again! You'll need to disconnect the battery, if you want to rotate the knob manually.

:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom