Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1986 Seats

Corvette
1986 "Bright Red" Coupe
Does anyone know how to remove the hard plastic back on the sport seats of a 1986? I don't see any fasteners there.

I have been told that it is very easy to do, but I have not attempted it myself. There are supposedly some clips along the seatback sides, but I guess I never looked at mine hard enough; I can't see them. :confused

_ken :w

Imbedded in the seat foam are two wire about 1/4 inch in diameter which run from top to bottom on each side of center. They are used to hold the seat foan in and are held under a metal clip you need to push them in toward the center of the seat parallel to the seat back and then move the foam & wire ahead. it's quite simple once you see how it's put together however its a blind process taking apart and re asssembling it! lost of pushing & shoving :)

ErnieN85 said:
it's quite simple once you see how it's put together however its a blind process taking apart and re asssembling it! lost of pushing & shoving :)

That's what I read Ernie. Thanks for the tips. :upthumbs

_ken :w

ErnieN85 said:
Imbedded in the seat foam are two wire about 1/4 inch in diameter which run from top to bottom on each side of center. They are used to hold the seat foan in and are held under a metal clip you need to push them in toward the center of the seat parallel to the seat back and then move the foam & wire ahead. it's quite simple once you see how it's put together however its a blind process taking apart and re asssembling it! lost of pushing & shoving :)

How do you gain access to the wires? Doesn't seem to be any way to get in there. Whenever I do lot's of pushing or shoving something always seems to break!
I pulled back the headrest and there seems to be a clip in there (see attached photo), but how do you get to the lower ones. The upholstery seems to be firmly attached along the outer vertical edges of the seat back.
I just want to remove the backs to paint them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom