Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1986 white/silver paint scheme

vettebuff

Corvette
1986 coupe white/silver
Anybody out there that still have the paint scheme white/silver on your 1986 (or 1987) Corvette?

I just got my 1986 re-painted to original spec, white upper and silver lower. I love that color scheme and it is one contributor to that I kept the car for 19 years!

I think I saw somewhere that only 694 (1986) and 187 (1987) whas shipped that color scheme.

/P-H

There was a guy here in town that had one with that paint scheme, it was really sharp. Stood out from the crowd nicely.

I've never seen that paint scheme. Can you provide some photos?

:wJane Ann

Even though I have been the owner for 19 years I do not have any good digital pictures. Here is a link (http://www.vettebuff.com/bilder/corvette/smoke1.jpg) to a very old picture from the days I lived in the US (have been back in Sweden for a loong time now). I just need to go through the thousands of slide pictures I have and scan them. The Vette shows up on slides in Florida sunset as well as Italian alps. Could be an action for the long dark winter...

Or just go out and shoot some new! It seem much easier. Just hang on a few days.

Hey, my 86 is that color! You mean my car is worth something. Mine needs some body and complete paint. It had the chrome stock wheels when I got it and that really makes the car stand out and shout. Going on 15 years owning that car with 171k, original motor and trans, did replace torque though. Still runs great, tired, but can't even tell it's on at idle. Small puff of smoke when started, valve seals shot. But I love that car, right after my kids.

Good to hear there are some surviver out there! Mine have 165k miles on it. The engine and transmission (auto) has been rebuilt some yeras ago as well as all wear ant tear parts during the year. I had mine repainted last summer. The clear coat had been peeling off piece by piece since longe time ago. Now it was all matte. I had the body disassembled and had the parts painted and put back together. New weather strips, trimmings and seat covers. It look great. But guess what; after owing the car for 19 years and never had an accident, now it happened. A rainy night I skid off the road damaging the front and the left side. Now it have been back to the shop since July. It was hard to get new parts, but just before Christmas they arrived, so now there is hope. Even though the C4 is not a rare collectors car, I just love the paint scheme of this one and I hate to see it chopped up as donor to some hot rod or something, so I will keep this one!
How is your equipped? Mine is all original with, auto transmission, medium gray leather, 3.07 rear axle and transparent roof panel.

Love the color scheme. I've always been partial to white Corvettes but the silver underneath makes it look better. Nice picture!

My White/silver 1986

I can't recall ever seeing white/silver either on the road or at a car show. Really nice colors. Just had it repainted. I will refinish both the stock rims and inside in the spring. P.S For less then I spend last year for the clutch, F1 pump and 20k mile service on my now sold 2005 Maserati I'll have a new looking Corvette ( Including the price price of the Vette) Plus its:) not going down in value. You live and learn.

Attachments

• 1986 Corvette 003.jpg
    1986 Corvette 003.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 157
I can't recall ever seeing white/silver either on the road or at a car show. Really nice colors. Just had it repainted. I will refinish both the stock rims and inside in the spring. P.S For less then I spend last year for the clutch, F1 pump and 20k mile service on my now sold 2005 Maserati I'll have a new looking Corvette ( Including the price price of the Vette) Plus its:) not going down in value. You live and learn.

"STOCK" - good for you.

Welcome onto the boards there.

I think I saw somewhere that only 694 (1986) and 187 (1987) whas shipped that color scheme.
Nice. I am surprised that there were that many shipped.

Once, I thought of painting mine in two-tone dark red, with a "firemist", I think, on top of the darker lower. I recall the two tone paint option being extra cost. :w

Thanks, You think these C4s will ever get "discovered" value wise

There is a lot of value per dollar for just about any coupe from model year 84 to 90. Good running nice cars for under $6500. That's a lot of car for not a lot of money. Maybe this goes something like the 70 to 72 Z28. Always past over for 69's...till one day car collectors woke up and said "I gotta have a 70 Z28" P.S There is something really cool when opening that large hood and not only seeing the whole motor, fat tires, etc but its got a real "race car" type feel to it. Funny how my non-car guys friends and family get taken back by something as small as how the engine is presented. Even my kids think it cool LOL.

Nice!!! I don't think I've seen that yet. Mine is dark bronze,I hardly see that either. Most seemed to have been the 2 tone bronze.:beer

White and silver looks great - very classy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom