Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1986 Z51 Coupe 4+3 manual transmission for sale - $6500

Fatchy

Corvette
1986 Dark Red Coupe
IMG_0961.jpgIMG_0960.jpgIMG_0966.jpgIMG_0970.jpgIMG_0957.jpg

1986 Corvette. Ready for autox or just having fun cruising. 71k miles. 5.7/350 aluminum heads L98V8 with manual 4+3 transmission. Hooker headers & Magnaflow exhaust. Upgraded front brakes to C5 type w/ larger slotted rotors & braided lines. Beautiful 17” C6 style rims w/ 285’s around. Z51 suspension with newer bilstein shocks & urethane bushings. Lowered front & rear – handles like on rails. New acrylic targa top. Refurbished electronic instrument cluster. New carpet & insulation. 1 custom fitted car cover & 1 bikini top cover. Cash only.

See video walk around on youtube:

https://youtu.be/88pAgy1Wrs4

Nice car! I always thought the 85s and 86s are "underappreciated." Your car looks great. Good luck.

Nice car! I always thought the 85s and 86s are "underappreciated." Your car looks great. Good luck.

Thanks....I've had it for ~3.5 years.....lots of fun & lots of learning. Ended up winning a few autox events in BSP. The L98 still has lots of good low end torque & the suspension mods really allowed for great handling.

Thanks....I've had it for ~3.5 years.....lots of fun & lots of learning. Ended up winning a few autox events in BSP. The L98 still has lots of good low end torque & the suspension mods really allowed for great handling.

Funny you should mention autoX. I won the B-Stock class in the North Carolina State Championship Series 2 years in my 87 Z52 convertible. More than 50 events, dozens of class wins, and not one breakdown or tuneup needed. Those cars were bulletproof. Tires were a different story.:L

Last edited:
Sold!

Just sold the vette....a bittersweet day. I'm going to miss the car, lots of great memories.
Time for something newer & maybe a little different.

• :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom