Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1987 #35 - NCRS Top Flight Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callaway certification

Ned I think what he is trying to get at is the Callaway Owners Group worked at getting you the information you needed (in the various threads) in order to get your car judged.

I personally, and several others were asked about judging Callaways at events like Bloomington and NCRS. We as a group had discussions offline at great length on the matter. Sometimes it was an uphill battle because of the way judging groups can be so entrenched in their past procedures. In the end, our facts seem to prevail. I think the most important discussion was the one mentioned above about the glove box code and the fact your car does not have that. In fact, about 20% of the cars do not have this.

Well in fact, it was the TEAM effort of the Owners Group that led to the acceptance of cars not bearing a B2K stamp. One owner spent hours on your issue alone, maybe even days. It is that labor of love as why we are such a tight group! We love to help one another, not what seems to have happened next. Please note that after you won your awards you disappeared from the site. One would look at this as you have gotten what you wanted out of the group for your personal gain and left. I am just stating the facts . Some people take and some give .

I ask, what can you give back in return? Share the knowledge.

IT never fails to amaze me over the years that people that don't even own a corvette are such experts. As you state, "sounds like to me the guys at Bloomington Gold have a better process." Well, sounds like to me you have never been to one of these great events [bloomington or ncrs judging] to even know what you are talking about. Don't have to have a car to follow both judging process, then you can give your opinion, that would be worth the members looking at. Your crystal ball does not have all the answers, do your own legwork and learn from it instead of guessing from a defective crystal ball.

Ned I think what he is trying to get at is the Callaway Owners Group worked at getting you the information you needed (in the various threads) in order to get your car judged.

I personally, and several others were asked about judging Callaways at events like Bloomington and NCRS. We as a group had discussions offline at great length on the matter. Sometimes it was an uphill battle because of the way judging groups can be so entrenched in their past procedures. In the end, our facts seem to prevail. I think the most important discussion was the one mentioned above about the glove box code and the fact your car does not have that. In fact, about 20% of the cars do not have this.

Well in fact, it was the TEAM effort of the Owners Group that led to the acceptance of cars not bearing a B2K stamp. One owner spent hours on your issue alone, maybe even days. It is that labor of love as why we are such a tight group! We love to help one another, not what seems to have happened next. Please note that after you won your awards you disappeared from the site. One would look at this as you have gotten what you wanted out of the group for your personal gain and left. I am just stating the facts . Some people take and some give .

I ask, what can you give back in return? Share the knowledge.

I meant no disrespect by the car being loaded for the trip back to Colorado right after the awards were given. Dennis Kazmierzak and several other C1 and C2 owners needed to get on the road back to Colorado. As you know the C4s were the last awards to be given so those people were waiting for Dennis for some time.
I was there for several hours after the awards walking around and taking pictures, my flight back to Colorado was around 6pm so my wife and I left around 3pm, because of the fact I needed to be back to work on Monday morning. I had thanked the Judges and Chris on Saturday and would have given more thanks if I had seen any one else envolved. Please tell me what I did that was so inappropriate or is this about article coming out in a magizine I have not even read? The car was featured in June of 06 in Magazine Corvette.

I meant no disrespect by the car being loaded for the trip back to Colorado right after the awards were given. Dennis Kazmierzak and several other C1 and C2 owners needed to get on the road back to Colorado. As you know the C4s were the last awards to be given so those people were waiting for Dennis for some time.
I was there for several hours after the awards walking around and taking pictures, my flight back to Colorado was around 6pm so my wife and I left around 3pm, because of the fact I needed to be back to work on Monday morning. I had thanked the Judges and Chris on Saturday and would have given more thanks if I had seen any one else envolved. Please tell me what I did that was so inappropriate or is this about article coming out in a magizine I have not even read? The car was featured in June of 06 in Magazine Corvette.
SORRY, misundersood left Bloomington site, when you meant left the forums site

Hey Ned can you inform the others what documents were needed for NCRS and Bloomington Gold and what steps you had to do to get the car in shape for judging . Being that you went through it all it can help future owners that want to take their cars to be judged . Thanks in advance Pete

Hey Ned can you inform the others what documents were needed for NCRS and Bloomington Gold and what steps you had to do to get the car in shape for judging . Being that you went through it all it can help future owners that want to take their cars to be judged . Thanks in advance Pete
No problem, I would be more than happy. First I need to clear up somethings for all the members to look at.
A quote from numerous emails I sent to Corvette Magazine, " Chris [Chessnoe] I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with this [acceptance to Bloomington] I don't think this would have ever happened if you weren't involved. Sincerely Ned. end guote
Why I have not been to the site.
After Bloomington I had a total hip replacement with alot of complications due to the surgery. I have been back to work for about a month trying to catch up.
I have contacted Corvette Magazine and will suggest some changes in the story.
The first time I saw the article is today 8:00 am Nov 30.
I hope this explains some misunderstandings, Ned

I am more confused than ever now.

Ned, I believe that in this thread you have been asked many questions about things that may help others get their cars judged, specifically a question by SurfnSun about what is looked at during fuel area inspections.

Callaway4Fun also asked what docs are needed for judging. Books, manuals, etc. I suspect are his concern.

I am locking this thread, as it never seems to stay on track. Way off track.

I am again, glad and proud of your Gold and your NCRS awards are an achievement each. If there are still questions by members here, they can start another thread. :w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom