Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1987 Coupe - Manual 4+3 - After Market Shifter Knobs?

Theena_Dallas

Corvette
1987 Little Red Coupe
I just bought an 87 Coupe ... it needed a transmission rebuild and a new clutch kit right away, and while I'm at it I need to replace the shift knob and overdrive button, but the only thing I can find online is the original plain leather knob and replicas of the discontinued button.

I wanted something a little flashier ... brushed nickel at least.

Are there other knobs that will work? Does anyone know where to look? I'm afraid of snatching up some toutedtly "universal" knob and finding out its not going to fly.

ANyway - I thought someone might have a line on something great ...

Thanks!

You found the overdrive button? Where if i might ask? I bought a complete shift assembly with the plastic button as I couldnt find any. As for Knobs I havent seen much either, pretty much just the repo orginals at all the parts places. I have read of people putting whatever knob they want on and moving the button elsewhere. Its just a electronic sewitch lower down, so you could put it anywhere. Once that is moved i would guess any standard knob that fit the threads would work. I do know the original uses a lock "wedge?" to hold it in place, so whatever knob you got would have to have somthing to replace that, set screws, lock nut underneath, or?

Clok

Replacement Button

Is there now an aftermarket replacement button (shifter knob) for the 4+3? I have been looking for quite some time to find the button. I even went as far as to fashion a makeshift one out of black plastic that worked briefly but was not cosmetically correct. Any help would be great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom