Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1987 Fuel pump removal

582Boat

Corvette
1999 convertible, 2010 C6
I find most of the information needed to remove the fuel pump and sending unit on my 1987 Corvette, except the information on removing the electrical connection, just how does that come appart, do you just lift it straight off or how is it removed. Ken

87 Also

I 2 would really like to know the same as above as my fuel gauge doesnt read right and it seems to be the sensor in the tank, Anybody just changed this before or will i need to replace the whole sending unit?

Issue overall Im having is a full tank reads 3 bars, within 20 miles of driving(about a gallon) its 2 bars and then the bars stay the same until about 180miles later when the tank is almost gone that it reads right, doesnt seem to be the gauge(all other gauges read fine) or intermedit. Car has 47K so has sat most of its life, I tired techtron with no luck.

I just replaced my fuel pump, so if you could explain your question a little more I probably could help. There is a tree wire connector that you unplug on the top of the tank, and then the filler neck, pump, and level unit all pull out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom