Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1987 Heater/AC fan

582Boat

Corvette
1999 convertible, 2010 C6
How is it possible to increase the fan blower output on my 1987 Vette. All or the vents or compartment doors seem to be working, but I don'st seem to get any volume out of the heater/AC vents. Do they make a fan blower motor of a larger size with more speed.;shrug

David-F I really don't know what thery have put in the 1987 Vette Convertable, I would think that I have the C60 or it could be the C68(electronic) All I know is that I have little buttons to increase the temperature and speed of the fan. Let me know the difference. Ken

That would be the C68 system now what you need to look at is the air from the system coming out the vents on the dash or is most of the air going up to the windshield. The modes are controled by solienoids which control vacumn to the door accuators if you loose vacumn into the car they can not be controled and most of the air is directed to windshield so it seems that there is poor air flow in the system even though it sounds like it's working correctly. I suspect this maybe you problem because the air flow on an 87 should be pretty good.

David Fulcher

Had similar problem w/ my 90. The evaporator gets clogged with gunk. I think i removed the blower motor and was able to spray degreaser in to the evaporater. using a rag and garden hose you would not belive the crap in there. made a big difference.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom