Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1988 Coupe, Door Panel Removal to Replace Bose Amp

BobFleckal

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary; 1962 Roadster
Hi Guys,
I'm a new member and posting for the first time. I have a bad Bose Amp in the passenger door and am thinking of replacing the two electrolytic caps on the amp board. I'm familiar with pc board work so that's not a problem. I've replaced the rear amps and would like to keep the audio system as is. I found an article detailing removing the door panel on a 1985 C4 vette with photos and first question is: Is the 88 similar enough for me to use this article? Second question: How exactly is the vapor barrier secured to the door and is it necessary to remove it just to get the amp/speaker out? Third question: Is removing the "metal brace" required to get the amp/speaker out? Last question: Is removing the regulator required to get the amp/speaker out? If removing the regulator is required, then this would probably be a deal killer for me. It looks very difficult. I've heard that removing the amp/speaker is tough but can be wiggled up and around to get it out. Takes some time but patience is required. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom