Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1988 service manual wacky?

frost

Corvette
1988 black/red Z51
Hi guys and Happy New Year.

I just got a service manual for my 88. This is the wackest service manual I have ever seen. The first page is on air conditioning it starts on page 1B11 in the middle of a sentence. It goes from 1B11 to 1B21. There is no 1B1 to 1B10 anywhare in the book. The index is in the middle of the book. Is this normal for GM service manuals, or is it just screwed up?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Bill

Is the cover white?? White covered manuals are preliminary versions. The ones with the red covers are the "production" versions.

Where did you get the books? IF they were ordered from Helms, then I would contact them to see if you can get replacements. Even my 87 white cover books I bought used have all of their pages and both books have their numbered section in the right order and matching the index pages.

It sounds as though it was a printing problem from Helm. I would contact ZIP and ask about a replacement for it.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. I called Zip and they are calling Helm to see if I need to return the entire package or just the service manual.

Have a great weekend.

When I got manuals for my 88 from Helm many years ago, it came with an erratum/addendum pamphlet correcting some of the errors in the two main volumes (red).

But I think yours probably have printing errors.

SharkInShark said:
But I think yours probably have printing errors.
Must be. Helms books are usually right on and pretty specific. I haven't encountered errors in my '87 manual.

Look and see what it tells you to do to change the tail light bulbs. "Remove the 3 Mounting screws then pull the lens fromthe assembly". I wish it was that easy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom