Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1988 TPI Intake Torque Specs

bosshogg

Corvette
1988 Coupe
Does anyone out there have the correct torque specs for an 88 Tuned Port Injection intake manifold. I keep getting conflicting #'s and just want them to be correct before re-installing the plenum etc.
;help
John

My service manuals are 30 miles away. If nobody else answers tonight I will check with the books and post the torques tomorrow.:w

I haven't had a chance to check the book yet but I remember 22 ftlbs. Intake to heads and 18 ftlbs for the runners. Do not depend much on my memory... we have had a bit of trauma here. We lost our Golden Retriever to Cancer so we were AWOL for about 10 days while the Vet did her best.

Sorry to hear about your dog...I miss mine too...she always looked forward to riding in the car...no hurry on the specs...I still need some parts
Have a good day!!!
JOHN

Ok - I finally got to the manuals.

¨All intake bolts except 1&4 are torqued to 35ftlbs. 1&4 are torqued to 45ftlbs.¨

1&4 are the middle two bolts on the right hand side of the engine. On mine these two bolts were a little longer than the others.

Thank you very much spanishvetts...I torqued all of them to 35#, but I will retorque 1 and 4 before I re-install the runners and plenum this weekend...is there any special torque specs I need to know on them?
Thanks Again,
JOHN
Think Warm!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom