Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1989 RPO CC2 auxiliary hardtop information

AlMainer

Corvette
1989 White C-4 convertible & 1995 C-4 Blue Coupe
I recently purchased 2 corvettes. One is a 1995 Blue with Black Coupe and the other is a 1989 White with Red Convertible with the auxiliary hardtop. My question is this: When I took the hardtop off the car, I found there was only one retainer that held the top onto the windshield. The back uses the same principle with the arrow inserts as does the soft top, but on the retainers at the windshield, there was only one sorta of an "S" shaped 1/4 inch clamp thingy that was held in place with a plastic thumb bolt, sorta like what would be used on a bimini boat top to hold it in place. Is this what was furnished in 1989 to retain the top to the windshield frame? Was there some other contraption that is used for this purpose? I've searched EBay and several other sites for an additional "S" shaped thingy like this, but haven't found anything to compare or anything at all that relates to retaining the Hardtop to the windshield frame. If anyone has any information on what I need, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help and thanks for reading.

Alan

Not sure what's going on with yours but I don't recall that there is any "plastic thumb bolt" and I don't know what you mean by the "S" thing. Picture would help.
Hardtop should also be secured with 2 brackets and 10 bolts (4 on each side behind the seat and two more bolts where the convertible soft top secures in the rear.
1986-1996 Corvette Hardtop Mounting Bracket | Keen Corvette Parts

The aux hardtop is secured using the 2 screws in the windshield header (like the screws that secure the 1 piece roof on the coupe) and the 2 screws that secure through the soft top pin holes that are attached to the hardtop. Then there are 2 brackets--one on each side--make sure they are secured to the body (as shown by the link in previous post). There are no plastic parts securing the hardtop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom