Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(1990) Big Buck Vert Aero B2K for sale

*89x2*

Here is the ad - NICE!!!!! :)
"1990 Callaway twin turbo convertible, RPO option with Aerobody, 1 of 21 convts, red exterior, blk lthr, white top, 6 spd, every option, stored since new, only 2600 miles, flawless musuem quality, all documentation, $65, 000

Please contact: Richard after 11:00 AM PST at
(805) 239-8000 e-mail anytime at owers@tcsn.net"

vetvip.jpg

058.jpg

073.jpg

Nice, but expensive, convertible.

I thought all of the factory aerobodies came with the rubber strip left in black, not painted as shown in the picture. I actually like the painted look better, but I do not think Callaway rolled them out like this.

Does anyone know the real story on whether the dividing strip was painted for some cars and not for others? I have a non-turbo aerobody 91 convertible with the black strip painted lipstick red (see attachment), but my car is definitely a later owner conversion and did not come from Callaway (although the body was purchased from Callaway).
attachment.php

With the "normal" vette's the rubber strip was painted in the body color from 91!.
I always thought that callaway did the same thing, but with this 90 with colored strip my theorie is mixed up...

Greets Peter.

typically when Callaway install Aero the beltline was painted black. It could have been a customer request however.

Nice vette, but for $65K, I'd get a new C5 & do $15K worth of after market stuff to it ..

Real nice vette tho ...

:w :) :beer

SurfnSun said:
typically when Callaway install Aero the beltline was painted black. It could have been a customer request however.

Exactly. I do still use this as a possible way of telling whether the car was done at The Final Finish or elsewhere. That's the shop that did most (almost all) the Aerobody conversions for Callaway. It was never done "in house" as Callaway is an engineering shop and has never had a body shop. The area around the license plate would generally be done in black as well. Another Final Finish detail is a black rubber strip (thin and round) placed around all the lights molded into the body- those being the tail lights and fog/turn signals.

On my car which was repainted in 2000 I could have done either with the beltline molding. On a light colored car I think it looks better in black.

That is a beautiful car but the body was probably added some time after the original purchase.

Don&Kelly said:
Nice vette, but for $65K, I'd get a new C5 & do $15K worth of after market stuff to it ..

Then you'd have a C5 that could keep up with a Callaway ;) :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom