Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Classifieds}Looking for a unique color combo - 1990 B2K for sale, w/in>

*89x2*

Here is the ad:
"1990 Callaway Roadster, steel blue met., blk, blk, 6 spd manual, loaded w/ GM B2K option, twin turbos and intercoolers, aluminum be-cool radiator and six extract, fans, rare and exotic, 30k mi $59,000 b/o David. 650.669.1575 CA "

This Callaway AeroBody Convertible certainly is a unique and striking color combo!!!!
Happy shopping :m :v

***I have no interest or ownership in this vehicle, please contact the seller for more information***

$59,000 seems like a lot to me. Am I wrong in thinking that??

reubenmc said:
$59,000 seems like a lot to me. Am I wrong in thinking that??
I don't think you are wrong in thinking that.

Chris, have you seen the car before? Was just curious how you know it's an aero. That ad doesn't seem to mention it. You have a pict? Steel blue sounds interesting, but weird. There was a steel blue available on the 2003 Aurora, but I never saw a car so painted. It was like a grey-blue color, and it was hard to picture a whole car that color from the little color sample. :w

Aurora, the car is indeed an Aero ;) even though the ad dosen't specify - It also has the "flat hood" as 1990's had from Old Lyme...

here are some pics of a 91 Aero Coupe in the same color - it is VERY rare :eek
Enjoy!

btw. re: price, you gotta start somewhere, right... I would make a b/o on it as the ad says - it is a color combo worthwhile - as I have only come across laess than a handful of steel blues wearing RPO B2K

91b2k1.jpg

91b2k2.jpg

91b2k3.jpg

91b2k4.jpg

******Pics above are NOT of the car for sale - shown only for referance of the Steel blue metallic color ;) ******

Ahh, I figured that aero coupe was a aftermarket color. That's really gorgeous!

Count me out, though. It's a convertible, and on the other side of the country, not to mention it sounds like it has those fenderwell fans. I think it's the originality of being a GM option that makes a B2K valuable (compared to any other 400hp C4, save the ZR-1). If you add on other stuff, that will only hurt the value much like if you add a lot of aftermarket stuff onto any other car, at least in my opinion.

How difficult would it be to get rid of the extra fans that has been added and change it back to stock??

I've got to agree with Aurora about that color being gorgeous!! I'd really like to see one with that color in person!! I think they are going to deffinetly going to have to come down from that $59,000!! Stoudts is only asking near $50,000 for their Series 500 car and it has less miles and is also pretty rare like this one has hte rare color.

Forced Air, the company that made (or maybe still makes the C4 ram air in the nose) used to market the extractor fans - that is what this sounds like... If so, they were cut into the fenderwells in the wheel well housings - something VERY easy to correct if you didn't want them anymore ;shrug

At any rate, I agree - the color is BEAUTIFUL!!! :v

Trust me, if you want to drive your b2k much at all, those fans would be a worth while investment. IMHO that doesn't detract from the value, I will put them in my car when the $$$ is available. You can buy inner fender wells from GM or Ecklers very cheap. Unplugging the harness would be all that is need for stock look.

These cars really really make some heat under the hood.

Your got my vote there,

Original is oke, but if its a good underbody upgrade i would doubt it would hurt the value. Its a beautiful color, that earo coupe is in some eastern europe country i thought... very nice! :)

Greetings Peter.

Peer81 said:
Your got my vote there,

Original is oke, but if its a good underbody upgrade i would doubt it would hurt the value. Its a beautiful color, that earo coupe is in some eastern europe country i thought... very nice! :)

Greetings Peter.
Peter, That Aero coupe in the pic's is indeed (or was a few years back) in a European country - The Aero Convertible is in California :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom