Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1990 corvette will not crank

C

cornbread8787

got up this moring started right up. went to the store got back in the car and it would not start up. its not turning over or any thing but the dash lights and every thing come on but it want start tried top jump it off ant it still would not do anything. please help thanks in advance.:ugh

Can you hear the starter engage, maybe a click like sound when turning key to start?

Do the lights dim at all (gauges, dome lights, headlights, etc...) when you turn key to start?

Sounds like it could be a VATS issue.
Clean the key well with alcohol. Wait 10 minutes from the last time you turned the key and see what happens.
If no improvement, try your spare key. Most times, cleaning the key works.

when I turn the key to start I don't hear no sound. I crossed the starter out it will turn over but it still would not crank. None of the lights dim when I turn the key to start. as for cleaning the key I will try that. Thank you I will let you know what happens.

Whenever the VATS is tripped it killes the system for as long as 15 minutes... each time you try too soon......another 15 min. You can jack around all day if you get impatient and try too soon.

Wait 16 minutes everytime and you'll be fine. Just don;t tear up everything else trying to hot wire the starter and ign...cause you fry the system and it will never start again.

May be time for a new key & switch for the ignition. Not expensive.

From what you describe I agree with the above sounds like a VATS issue. IF the starter motor runs when jumped but not with the key.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom