Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 tach op amp needed

ZRFun

Corvette
1990 red/red ZR-1

Welcome to Zip Corvette Parts and Accessories.

"Corvettes are all we do." More than just words, it’s a declaration of our passion for – and constant pursuit of – Corvette parts. With over 25,000 items for six generations in stock and ready to ship, Zip Products is the enthusiast's choice for the right parts, right now, at the right price. Whether the subject is restoration, performance upgrades, appearance add-ons or the latest lifestyle accessories, our customers agree: Zip is the first name in Corvettes!

While calibrating my 1990 ZR-1 tach, the connection on the potentiometer I was using to determine the value for a fixed resistor, came loose. That resulted the op amp (tach driver) running wide open for a couple seconds before dying. :mad

The numbers on the chip are-

9907A
CS8939J

Can anyone tell me if this op amp is common with other 90-96 tachs? (The "J" at the end of the date(?) code has me wondering if it refers to the "J" designation in the VIN numbers of these cars, and by extension something "special" about the op amp:ugh. Ooooh, I hope not!)

Paul Workman

Since this post has nothing to do with Zip Corvette, I'm moving it to the ZR-1 forum...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom