Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1992-1993 ECM's are now available from GM!

clugnut

Corvette
1992 m6 yellow coupe
My mechanic just got a remanufactored ECM from the dealer. He says that supposedly there was a problem with a certain component being supplied, but that has been resolved. He ordered one up on Thursday and had it Saturday. Its nice to see that AC Delco sticker on my ECM. Happy days! :happyanim:

So far, so good!

Glad to read that a new ECM did the trick! :happyanim:

Been too busy to do any work on my similar problem but hope to get to it this week. Will try cleaning the connectors first and progree from there to the "grounds". Maybe a new ECM is in my future....... I've been thinking about doing the water pump and opti-spark before they give me trouble and the gas level sender hasn't worked for a year, so at 98,000 miles it is time to spend some $$$$.

Bruce

Gm ecm

Called my "local" dealer on monday and the friendly parts manager ordered a "reconditioned" replacement ECM - even though the parts ordering system said there were none available, it was "in the system". Yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) he called to inform me that it had arrived!!! :happyanim: Of course with my luck, the only service tech trained to swap-out an ECM is on vacation this week.... so I wait until next week to get my ride back on the road. :mad

Thanks again to clugnut for puting out the word on these ECMs being available.:beer
Bruce

How much was this ECM from GM?

CG

With a "Corvette Club" discount it was $329. Add NYS Sales Tax and 1.2 hours of labor charge and I was back on the road for $411.
This is a real bargain after GM was asking about $1,000 for a new ECM last year.

The kicker on this is that when taking the Vette to the dealer (25 miles) it started OK but died after 11 miles - and would not restart......
Thankfull for cell phones, AAA and a speedy but very careful rollback driver. "No Charge" for the transport.

On The Road Again. :thumb

Can someone please give me the part number that you ordered or was billed for? My dealership ordered an ecm for my 92', but it went on backorder with no eta. Thanks

Can someone please give me the part number that you ordered or was billed for? My dealership ordered an ecm for my 92', but it went on backorder with no eta. Thanks

Don't have the part number readily available but it was what was on my old ecm.
Mine was also put on backorder with no eta - and arrived 2 days later...
Maybe they don't rehab them until they get an order???
Bruce

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom