Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1992 Drivers power seat problem

Bill Coke

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe and 1978 Lt Blue Coupe
This has probably been addressed before but couldn't find the thread. I need help. When my brother picked the car up for me he said the drivers power seat operated fine moving forward and back. Now it doesn't. It will move up and down just not forward and back. When I press the switch I get a "growling" sound for lack of a better way to express it and the seat goes nowhere. Could it be off track? Doesn't the same motor allow it to move up and down. At first it moved some without anyone in the seat but not now. BTW, the passenger pwer seat works fine. It's just the drivers side.
Thanks in advance,
Bill;help

This has probably been addressed before but couldn't find the thread. I need help. When my brother picked the car up for me he said the drivers power seat operated fine moving forward and back. Now it doesn't. It will move up and down just not forward and back. When I press the switch I get a "growling" sound for lack of a better way to express it and the seat goes nowhere. Could it be off track? Doesn't the same motor allow it to move up and down. At first it moved some without anyone in the seat but not now. BTW, the passenger pwer seat works fine. It's just the drivers side.
Thanks in advance,
Bill;help

Are the 1992 seats similar to the 1995 seats ?

Thanks in advance,
Bill;help
No,it has 3 motors!! They all do different things depending what way the button is pushed!!There are 3 cables that drive the inside track,My guess is that there is debre in the tracks and gears and 1 of the cables may be broken!!(There similar to speedo drive cables only about 6"-8" long!!) I'd try taking it apart and cleaning the track's,gears and check the cables!!!:upthumbs

First to JimBob...same type seats should be.

Junk-I think you may have hit on something. I obviously am not that familiar with C4 pwer seats. I will check it out as you described and see what happens. Would be nice if that is all that is needed. :rotfl
I can only hope. :upthumbs
Bill

JimBob/Junk-thank you both for your replies. I'm at work now but read messages and JimBob followed the link you provided. I will print this when home and then start checking it out.
Thanks again,
Bill:beer

Bill,

Also, I think all three cables are the same. If one is broken or the end is stripped off and you are short on dollars but need to move the seat, I think you would be able to move the back of the seat where you wanted (up or down) and swap the cable between the rear and middle electric motors. This would at least enable you to move the seat forward or back. Just a thought.

BillCoke:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My issue sounds identical to your issue you originally posted. The seat "growls" when trying to move front/back...I have to push off the firewall with my feet to help assist the seat to actually move. Was your issue the motor, the tracks, the wire? I bet my fix will be identical to yours.

Thanks,
-Russel

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom