Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1992 Passenger Door Interior Armrest

66_Soloracer

Corvette
1992 Convertible Yellow w/ 6 speed
My 1992 passenger door armrest has pulled lose from the door panel at the top.

The door panel is in good shape and firmly attached to the door w/o any rattles. It appears the armrest at the top has a black rubber or plastic button that holds it to the door panel. It reminds me of the armrests on the late 1970’s and 1980’s GM products…. Especially the Camaro and Firebird vehicles.

I searched the treads and search engines finding excellent advice regarding door panels; repairs, weather-stripping, and window adjustments but zilch on this matter for this year/model. Is this common and I missed it?

If I push the button back through the door panel using some small screwdrivers, what are the odds it is fixed and will hold given it already popped lose at least once before? Is there a keeper, say a fender washer clip that captures the button from the back of the door panel?

Given what I reviewed, I really don’t want to remove the door panel unless necessary. One I hate to break anything and secondly, I am scared to death of what I may find hiding behind it from previous ‘fixes’…..

Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom