Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 convertible...cargo area lamps staying on?

fatbloke-dim

Corvette
93 'vert,bright aqua,lt-1
Had a flat battery fail at a recent show, car had won an award, and then would not start ,just slight solenoid clicking and then nothing. Embarrassing? A bit !! Thought something was up when , going to the tonneau release button ,all I got was a half-hearted click ,and no release. When I got the car home, I noted the two square lights that face the rear of the storage compartment were on, and were still on about 20 minutes later, with all doors, hood,and tonneau closed ,but doors unlocked. No other interior lights noted lit. Any ideas about this? I assume the storage compartment lights are on a different circuit to the cabin/dome lights ,as I say , they were'nt lit ( see edit below) Is this so? And if so , what can cause these lights to stay on? Finally , would this account for a current draw sufficient to flatten an otherwise good battery in about 6 hours? There has been a long-standing issue with a drain on this car ,once I tried to measure it ,and it showed between a quarter and half an Amp , also these lights are'nt that easy to see from outside with the tonneau closed , so may have been going on for some time. For this reason , I fitted an inline quick disconnctor on the negative terminal . This has saved the battery , the car will sit for the winter months , and in springtime, the battery is connected, wait for the fuel pump to cut off, and up it fires on the instant it cranks. Impressive. It fires on "most" cylinders, others cut in shortly after , one by one, and it sounds like a big radial lighting up. Sweeeet.

Edit.....ALL the interior lights are on , just never noticed the others, as they point downwards making them hard to see ,especially from outside the car.

Last edited:
How thick can yer be????????!!!!!

Checked the dimmer ,and, surprisingly, they were turned on there. Turned 'em off, and....well...DANG! This is what comes from;-
1. , being a f"&kwit
2. , unfamiliarity from very infrequent use of the car,
3 . , finding that the battery quick-disconnect may have been making poor contact on the negative battery reminal.

Some folks should'nt be allowed out unsupervised.............:)
But still the query regarding the headlight motor clunk....

I went to 4 years of college and finished last .

Have never been to Manchester but I travel to London whenever the Queen beckons me .

How thick can yer be????????!!!!!

Checked the dimmer ,and, surprisingly, they were turned on there. Turned 'em off, and....well...DANG! This is what comes from;-
1. , being a f"&kwit
2. , unfamiliarity from very infrequent use of the car,
3 . , finding that the battery quick-disconnect may have been making poor contact on the negative battery reminal.

Some folks should'nt be allowed out unsupervised.............:)
But still the query regarding the headlight motor clunk....

Been there, done that..want me to tell you of 4 hrs of diagnosis when I replaced the injectors on my old 89 and I couldn't get it started?? #1, you need gas in the tank.

D'oh moments....

we all have 'em . Some more than others. Me ? I'll blame it on my age . I ain't been to London for years ,don't miss it. Did fancy a break there to tour some of the historic pub inventory there, but difficult with a disabled wife, even the free travel does'nt help ,there , but not as difficult as getting her in the 'Vette - that does'nt happen any more. Still ,we have some great pubs in Manchester. Things can always be worse ,eh ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom