Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 Corvette - Crank / No Start

joe finn

Corvette
After parking on a 96 degree afternoon for five minutes the engine would not restart. I could not hear the fuel pump. After towing it home I sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it started momentarily. All fuses are good. Applied 12v to the fuel pump test terminal but pump failed to start. Applied 12v directly to the fuel pump which began working. Engine started normally. Swapped the pump relay with the horn relay, reconnected the pump cable and engine would not start. Horn works with either relay. The pump cable will not light my test light. Why is power not reaching the pump? ECM? VATS?

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

I'm going to move your thread into the C4 Tech forum for greater exposure.

After parking on a 96 degree afternoon for five minutes the engine would not restart. I could not hear the fuel pump. After towing it home I sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it started momentarily. All fuses are good. Applied 12v to the fuel pump test terminal but pump failed to start. Applied 12v directly to the fuel pump which began working. Engine started normally. Swapped the pump relay with the horn relay, reconnected the pump cable and engine would not start. Horn works with either relay. The pump cable will not light my test light. Why is power not reaching the pump? ECM? VATS?

To follow up on this, the reason the engine would not start was due to a broken wire to the fuse panel near the battery. This prevented voltage from reaching the fuel pump. It took a few hours with a voltmeter and a test light to identify the problem. Strangely enough the broken wire was actually visible if you knew exactly where to look. After installing a new three inch wire everything is functioning normally.

To follow up on this, the reason the engine would not start was due to a broken wire to the fuse panel near the battery. This prevented voltage from reaching the fuel pump. It took a few hours with a voltmeter and a test light to identify the problem. Strangely enough the broken wire was actually visible if you knew exactly where to look. After installing a new three inch wire everything is functioning normally.

Good find! Glad your back up, I hate my car being down, it makes me nuts!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom