Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 Engine Stumble

Samauriwarrior

Corvette
1993 Torch Red, 6sp Coupe
My 93 LT1 6 speed coupe runs pretty good but lately after it has been running awhile, when I accelerate from a stop or changing gears, it stumbles. The exhaust sounds like a burble and it does not pick up speed. It does not stall just kinda rumbles. I continue to accelerate and it seems to pass. Happens in all gears. If I am cruising in 4 or 5th and accelerate it will stumble but not stall. It does continue to gain speed but slow with the burble, then it seems to pass. Does not do it all the time. It seems to happen after I have been driving for a while (+20min). I am looking for suggestions or idea on what to check before I tear in to it.

Sosmething to check

Have someone do a diagnostic on the TPS (Throttle Position Switch) My 93 auto did the same thing when I got on it it sounded like it was going into ASR but after I had to replace the TPS for a no start condition the problem has disappeared. It is an easy check to make with the right equipment. Next DO NOT buy a TPS switch from an auto parts store. I opted for the $19.95 version about a year ago to save money. When I had to replace it this last time I bought the AC Delco switch. It cost me about $90.00. The car runs better and has much more pull above 3000 RPM and the fuel mileage has increased. That little switch cost me over $600.00 by the time we found out it was bad. I hope this helps give you a new direction to look at for your problem.:upthumbs

That is just the kind of advice I am looking for John, I really appreciate your quick response. I owe you one or two, :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom