Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1995 camaro ZR-1

TNKALWAYS

Hey I just purchased a 1995 camaro z28 that the original owner whom which I purchased it from claims it was custom ordered from factory with lt5 zr-1 engine...I'm not very acquainted with these engines so could someone please tell me what I could look for to assure me that this is a real zr1 engine...I do see it is an aluminum block and aluminum heads..I have no further knowledge..thanks

Thanks rob..but definitely not what mine looks like..I'm new to this but I'm trying to upload a picture of my engine..can u tell me what my engine most likely probably is?

Attachments

• 2011-11-17_12-19-21_505.jpg
    2011-11-17_12-19-21_505.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 199595Camaro95Z2895ZR195003.jpg
    199595Camaro95Z2895ZR195003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 199595Camaro95Z2895ZR195002.jpg
    199595Camaro95Z2895ZR195002.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 124
Are there any numbers,labels,ect. That will tell me yay or nay its an lt5?
That is not an LT5. It looks like an LT1 in your car.

Ok and that's a regular 350 camaro engine correct? Camaros came with lt1 and ls1..what is the difference in the two and is one or the other aluminum?

Thanks rob u have been a big help..I should do more research before goin out n buying another fake lol

Thanks rob u have been a big help..I should do more research before goin out n buying another fake lol
No problem. That's how we learn. :)

Always remember...the LT5 engine is a pretty hard engine to fake. There isn't another engine out there that looks or sounds like it. :thumb

The engine in the images is the Camaro version of the LT1, the stock engine in those cars from 1993-1997.

All LT1s have cast iron blocks. Corvette and Camaro engines have aluminum cylinder heads. Camaro blocks had two-bolt main bearings while Corvette blocks had four-bolt caps in the center three positions.

Seems to me there might have been some differences in camshaft profiles, too, but I'm not sure on that without doing a lot more research.

Thanks HIB ...any more info from anyone is greatly appreciated...suggestions on mods or parts for sale or vette wheels

If you are in the market for a Camaro I would suggest looking for a 98 or later LS1. LS1's can be identified by the big black plastic intake manifold under the hood. My daily driver for 11 years was a 94 LT1 Z28 Hardtop. It was one of the best cars I ever owned.

No problem. That's how we learn. :)

Always remember...the LT5 engine is a pretty hard engine to fake. There isn't another engine out there that looks or sounds like it. :thumb

So true! Let me add " or runs like it".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom