Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1995 Driving Light Bulbs

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
Has anyone had to change the driving light bulbs? I want to upgrade to the 885 55 watt bulb, but I cant find access to the socket. One book says to access behind the hood hinge mounts, but that must apply to the earlier C4 as there is a solid plate behind the hinges on my 95.??

Ok, with a little more research I found the access panels under the front fascia to get to the bulbs. I found that they are number 896 bulbs at 68 watts. So the 101 projects for your C4 book is mostly for early models. Does anyone know if there is a higher wattage bulb available for the 95 driving lights?

If you look in the Grainger catalog they sell just about any kind of bulb... I think they are an H series. I ordered some 100 watt bulbs for some fog lights from them. Grainger Industrial Supply

You kind of need to know what you are looking for.

Glenn
:w

Ok, with a little more research I found the access panels under the front fascia to get to the bulbs. I found that they are number 896 bulbs at 68 watts. So the 101 projects for your C4 book is mostly for early models. Does anyone know if there is a higher wattage bulb available for the 95 driving lights?

Is there a concern about heat build up in the socket area. Could this heat build up melt the socket?
Scrrem

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom