Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1995 Electronic Climate Control Problem

R

rhodginz

I'm having adjusting the temperature on my ECC. There's no problem decreasing the temperature, but when I try to increase the temperature, it does nothing. I can press on the button all I want, but the temp will only go down.

Hold the phone!! I just went out to the car, turned the key on, and was able to adjust the temp up. What in the heck is going on? Everything else seems to work perfectly on the ECC.

Any ideas? HELP!!!!!

I've had similar problems over the years with my '90.

Sometimes I temporarily lose control of the temperature (as you have done) - other times it's the fan speeds - or perhaps the auto button refuses to work.

If I wait a bit (hours or days), I eventually regain control (until the next time).

I've heard 3 possible problems:
1) Intermittent ground
2) Failing HVAC Control Head
3) Failing HVAC Programmer

It's frustrating, but I continue to live with it for the time being.
If and when the system refuses to finally regain control - I'll roll up my sleves and tackle the problem.

If you have a TECH-1 scanner with the E&C module, you can tap into the system (OBDI in my case) and control the system from the scanner. That should help point you in the right direction in determining which component is at fault.

Previous posted have commented that the problem is ususally "_____" (fill in the blank).

Same on the '93

The fix for the vette temp controller was to pull the unit out with is not hard just use the directions for pulling stereo with can be found at vette stereo web sites. With the unit out seperate the front button section (4 screws)and clean the pins and also the pins in the back of the unit. Put it back together and back in the car and it should work. I did this and it hasn't failed in over a year. You can also find other forums on this in the archives.

good luck

Dan

Dan -

I've had the radio out on my 90 several times.

The last time it was out, I wanted to remove the HVAC control head to clean the contacts and check the buttons. However, I had a problem removing the bolt on the right hand mounting bracket - and anticipating the next step - could not see how I would pull the head out past the padded dash on the side.

Others have suggested that I need to remove the dash top pad inorder to access the unit. Did you have to do this - or is there a simpler way to accomplish removal. (I didn't want to flex the dash pad too much - for fear of breaking it. Yes, I did remove the lower bolts that allowed the pad to be pushed slightly toward the passengers seat)...

Just wondering

The dash on the '93 flexed out of the way no prob.. I had to flex it the most on the right side when I took the stereo out not so much for the temp unit.. I did do it when it was in the high 90's outside and the pad didn't break. Not sure if the '93 is the same as a '90. I always say if someone put it together then someone can take it apart its just amatter of sequence..

Good luck feel free to ask any more question...

Dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom