Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1995 Heater problems, body wobble

Error Code

Thanks Guys, I read my codes this morning. I got a C-12, and H-64 and H78. I dont see any of these codes but the H-64, O2 sensor. I can see that the right bank is running rich, but is it caused by a bad O2 sensor or something else wrong causing the car to run rich ? The only other thing I notice is the cooling fan kicks on as soon as the engine light comes on, way before it should.

You're sure of which module the codes are coming up in? Like oz was saying, some of the same DTC's can come up in multiple modules - 1, 4, 7, 9, DERM, ASR/ABS... I learned about diagnosing the wrong module the HARD way...

The codes 65 and 78 were in the 4 module. I had no codes in under C, it just came up with C-12 as soon as I turn the key on

Do you have FSM? Before turning a wrench, check to see if circuit for 78 is on the same circuit as 64. I don't think they are, but O2 is not a picnic, so confirm that. Rt side harness branches off of main engine harness behind pass side cyl head, along with starter and ECT harness. The O2 connector is attached to the back of the bellhousing, and there ain't much real estate in there to disconnect. Mine was wound up like an Ambassador 5000 with 6lb test Stren, never stopped backlash :mad

Bunch more pics of rt side O2 + cat dropping
here.

Attachments

• hpim0680.jpg
    hpim0680.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 67
Thanks Guys, I read my codes this morning. I got a C-12, and H-64 and H78. I dont see any of these codes but the H-64, O2 sensor. I can see that the right bank is running rich, but is it caused by a bad O2 sensor or something else wrong causing the car to run rich ? The only other thing I notice is the cooling fan kicks on as soon as the engine light comes on, way before it should.

i am have the same problem

Thanks Everyone !!!

Thanks All for your input on the code 64 problem, it was the right side front O2 sensor, it must be on the same circuit as the cooling fans because after replacing it my fans kick on when they should, and no more rough idle.

Thanks,
Nucman

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom